dslatsh

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I'm really new to this...been researching this...combing thru the forums and I hate being that guy to post another but I had some specific questions besides which one is better...I saw on the forums people mentioning that hondata only does a +6 psi where as ktuner could do a +21 psi...and if you were to use econ mode the turbo would run at stock psi, if i was worried about longevity of the turbo is that +21 psi going to really shorten the life span of the turbo? I ask because I've also seen people say that hondata has been around longer and test test test their mappings while ktuner does not really as much (these posts varied from like 2013-2018 so things may have changed). So for someone worried about some thing like this besides not flashing the ecu which company be better for trusting that flashing with their mappings won't cause earlier life failure/life span? Also the price difference is a decent amount I noticed from around 600ish or so for hondata and ktuner around 400.

I was also looking at a stock looking "CAI" from injen that fits in the same stock sport of the air intake, INJEN EVOLUTION COLD AIR INTAKE SYSTEM - EVO1500, If i were to purchase this which i'm not sure i'd call a CAI but it's what it's being referred to as, and used the hondata tuner that has the +6psi cai, would that be the one I'd use...or is that referring to more of a actual CAI...

Do these just tune the turbo...or do they also help reduce throttle lag for drive by wires? Reason I ask is has anyone ever looked into the pedal commander or injen x-pedal throttle controller that is supposed to help reduce drive by wire lag? It has different settings that help increase throttle response for like sport and eco etc...i know our cars have the econ button and sport but does that help with the throttle lag, or just changes the transmissions interaction?

Sorry for all the questions...probably will have more but like I said very new to this..and am lost in all of it...I'd just like if I went with a flash unit something that allows me to flash an already made mapping (if that's the wrong word let me know) that is known to work...and not into tuning and trying to make my own because I'd rather not risk causing issues and i'd prefer to just do myself with easy flash versus' taking to someone....if possible...
Sponsored

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I'm really new to this...been researching this...combing thru the forums and I hate being that guy to post another but I had some specific questions besides which one is better...I saw on the forums people mentioning that hondata only does a +6 psi where as ktuner could do a +21 psi...and if you were to use econ mode the turbo would run at stock psi, if i was worried about longevity of the turbo is that +21 psi going to really shorten the life span of the turbo? I ask because I've also seen people say that hondata has been around longer and test test test their mappings while ktuner does not really as much (these posts varied from like 2013-2018 so things may have changed). So for someone worried about some thing like this besides not flashing the ecu which company be better for trusting that flashing with their mappings won't cause earlier life failure/life span? Also the price difference is a decent amount I noticed from around 600ish or so for hondata and ktuner around 400.

I was also looking at a stock looking "CAI" from injen that fits in the same stock sport of the air intake, INJEN EVOLUTION COLD AIR INTAKE SYSTEM - EVO1500, If i were to purchase this which i'm not sure i'd call a CAI but it's what it's being referred to as, and used the hondata tuner that has the +6psi cai, would that be the one I'd use...or is that referring to more of a actual CAI...

Do these just tune the turbo...or do they also help reduce throttle lag for drive by wires? Reason I ask is has anyone ever looked into the pedal commander or injen x-pedal throttle controller that is supposed to help reduce drive by wire lag? It has different settings that help increase throttle response for like sport and eco etc...i know our cars have the econ button and sport but does that help with the throttle lag, or just changes the transmissions interaction?

Sorry for all the questions...probably will have more but like I said very new to this..and am lost in all of it...I'd just like if I went with a flash unit something that allows me to flash an already made mapping (if that's the wrong word let me know) that is known to work...and not into tuning and trying to make my own because I'd rather not risk causing issues and i'd prefer to just do myself with easy flash versus' taking to someone....if possible...
Hondata +6 PSI off the self tune is equal to 19 PSI maximum turbocharger maximum pressure. KTuner 21 PSI tune exactly delivers 21 PSI maximum turbocharger maximum pressure. There is no +21 PSI tune in KTuner.

The best CAI to me is really the stock airbox just because it performs well and I don't need to worry about flood as I live in frequently flooded area. Second best should be PRL Cobra CAI, followed by 27WON. I put 27Won at the third because I am using aftermarket CVT cooler and 27Won doesn't fit. You will need custom tune for Injen to get the fuel trim correct.

Tune is not only for turbo. KTuner provided more customized drivability options such as multiple options of throttle response and turbo response. Hondata Flashpro also provide similar feature but only standard improve throttle and turbo response with no level of responsiveness options.

OP
OP

dslatsh

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Hondata +6 PSI off the self tune is equal to 19 PSI maximum turbocharger maximum pressure. KTuner 21 PSI tune exactly delivers 21 PSI maximum turbocharger maximum pressure. There is no +21 PSI tune in KTuner.

The best CAI to me is really the stock airbox just because it performs well and I don't need to worry about flood as I live in frequently flooded area. Second best should be PRL Cobra CAI, followed by 27WON. I put 27Won at the third because I am using aftermarket CVT cooler and 27Won doesn't fit. You will need custom tune for Injen to get the fuel trim correct.

Tune is not only for turbo. KTuner provided more customized drivability options such as multiple options of throttle response and turbo response. Hondata Flashpro also provide similar feature but only standard improve throttle and turbo response with no level of responsiveness options.
Supposedly the injen cai i mentioned doesn't require tuning because takes place of stock box? Least on their site it states that for the stock set up...but if flashed it.over should work with tuning ya choose then?
Link for the intake
https://injen.com/i-30497557-injen-...ke=HONDA||model=CIVIC||submodel=1.5L TURBO L4

so are you saying the ktuner 21 psi is always at 21 where the hondata +6 psi is a curve meaning its +6 of where you're at at boost? Also what do you mean by only standard improve throttle and turbo response with no level of responsiveness options? Does that mean ktuner helps with throttle response more? So a throttle controller isn't really needed then? Like I said I'm new new to this :/

JackOfAllBlades

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport 2.0L 6MT Lunar Silver Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Injen CAI is notorious for causing issues with fuel trims, if you are wanting a quality CAI that doesn't sit as low down as something like PRL, 27WON is well regarded.

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Supposedly the injen cai i mentioned doesn't require tuning because takes place of stock box? Least on their site it states that for the stock set up...but if flashed it.over should work with tuning ya choose then?
Link for the intake
https://injen.com/i-30497557-injen-evolution-cold-air-intake-system-evo1500.html#!year=2020||make=HONDA||model=CIVIC||submodel=1.5L TURBO L4

so are you saying the ktuner 21 psi is always at 21 where the hondata +6 psi is a curve meaning its +6 of where you're at at boost? Also what do you mean by only standard improve throttle and turbo response with no level of responsiveness options? Does that mean ktuner helps with throttle response more? So a throttle controller isn't really needed then? Like I said I'm new new to this :/
I would advice to avoid Injen because the intake mess the fuel trim if you are not familiar to tuning your car by yourself or do not plan to go through custom tune route.

No. 21 PSI of KTuner and +6 PSI of Hondata is referring to maximum turbocharger pressure. Civic gen. 10 boost is dynamic depending on elevation, and RPM.

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

there is +21 psi tune available from KTuner but depends on models.

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
there is +21 psi tune available from KTuner but depends on models.
Thanks for clarifying. I should clarify that there is no +21 PSI KTuner OTS tune for Honda Civic CVT, specifically for my ECU ID.
Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata & ktuner & other things 2020 civic hatch sport touring 1.5 turbo 1603348944554

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic 1.5T, 15' Audi A3 1.8T, Toyota Hilux Revo 2017
Country flag
Thanks for clarifying. I should clarify that there is no +21 PSI KTuner OTS tune for Honda Civic CVT, specifically for my ECU ID.
1603348944554.png
few of my friends are running on 21psi ktuner dual starter map on civic 1.5T sedan.

OP
OP

dslatsh

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
1603348944554.png
Doesn't that picture show 21? Or is there a difference between +21 and 21....and sucks about injen i really liked the way it looked and how fit right into the stock air flow looking some what oem if you didn't know how under the hood looked and didn't have the injen symbol don't think people would know difference. So I see you use ktuner...id only probably if went with ktuner get the cheaper.one without the monitor. That allows flashing to their mappings and reflashing to stock?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
you'll need a laptop for the ktuner v1.2. I have it and it does the exact same thing as V2. You can honda hack your radio to download tunerlite and have your gauges on the radio, works great.

I love the adjustability ktuner provides with the quick enables. It has enough adjustability that you don't need that throttle commander to make it more responsive. BTW, if you buy the PRL CAI, just buy a pre-filter like K&N's outerwear, they are water proof. I had one on a quad I completely submerged and the quad stalled without letting any water in the airbox or the engine.

OP
OP

dslatsh

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
you'll need a laptop for the ktuner v1.2. I have it and it does the exact same thing as V2. You can honda hack your radio to download tunerlite and have your gauges on the radio, works great.

I love the adjustability ktuner provides with the quick enables. It has enough adjustability that you don't need that throttle commander to make it more responsive. BTW, if you buy the PRL CAI, just buy a pre-filter like K&N's outerwear, they are water proof. I had one on a quad I completely submerged and the quad stalled without letting any water in the airbox or the engine.
Thanks for.the info..I was looking more for a stock look not a run down to bottom engine bay air intake why I not sure injen calls that a CAI. Just takes place of the stock box

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for.the info..I was looking more for a stock look not a run down to bottom engine bay air intake why I not sure injen calls that a CAI. Just takes place of the stock box
You may really like the 27Won intake.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata & ktuner & other things 2020 civic hatch sport touring 1.5 turbo C2B4E097-F270-45C7-8766-D335CF7EFE2F-01

OP
OP

dslatsh

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
You may really like the 27Won intake.

C2B4E097-F270-45C7-8766-D335CF7EFE2F-01.jpeg
..yeah i do like that actually. Does this one require any adjusting or can run right out of box?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
With the street MAF version, no tune is necessary.
Sponsored