Hondata HPJ Review

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Just remember that power #s will vary quite a bit from dyno to dyno. It's best to ask the dyno technician if they know approximately how much lower their dyno reads than factory (flywheel) horsepower. It is always a percentage and depends on what type of dyno it is and how it is configured. This will help give you a better idea of how much more your car is making than the advertised 174 hp figure.
the advertised hp is at the crank and not at the wheels
Sponsored

mPlasticDesign

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BRZ, 2011bmwM3, 2011 1M Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I tried locking my Flash Pro to my vehicle and am getting "Flash Pro can not lock to this ECU because it contains an unrecognized calibration". I vefied my ECU was compatible prior to purchasing but seems this is still an issue. Any help would be appreciated. Everything is a green to go as far as connectivity.(pic) TIA

Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata HPJ Review IMG_8424.JPG

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 hatchback sport, Mazda CX-3 2017, polaris rzr 1000s 2017
Country flag
I tried locking my Flash Pro to my vehicle and am getting "Flash Pro can not lock to this ECU because it contains an unrecognized calibration". I vefied my ECU was compatible prior to purchasing but seems this is still an issue. Any help would be appreciated. Everything is a green to go as far as connectivity.(pic) TIA

IMG_8424.JPG

Contact hondata by email, he's reply are very fast, i've had some problem me too when intalling flashpro on my civic and i send him a email and he reply in 5 min.

mPlasticDesign

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BRZ, 2011bmwM3, 2011 1M Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Contact hondata by email, he's reply are very fast, i've had some problem me too when intalling flashpro on my civic and i send him a email and he reply in 5 min.
I did, but it's a holiday 3day weekend so I may have to wait till Tuesday. Thanks

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So what ended happening with your situation? Solution was...?
doug asking me to plug flashpro to the car with laptop and download ecu and send him data, 4 days later he send me and update on the software and problem solve.

solsticephase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
I hit 195 WHP with the +6 Injen SRI base map tune. I am running 93 octane non-ethenol fuel though....... This was my dyno run with my CVT... I think your right when you say you would have better results with better fuel, no doubt.....
How does the tune change the overall characteristics of the car? Worth getting the tune?

Stevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback EXL Navi 2017
Vehicle Showcase
To answer your questions:

1. You can physically use your Macbook Pro laptop but you must run Boot Camp (or Parallels) so you can boot a Windows OS.

2. Yes, you can easily revert completely back to stock by "unlocking" the FlashPro from your vehicle. You can re-lock it afterwards.

3. I am actually not 100% sure what changes the Econ Mode button makes, but my guess is it just re-maps the throttle pedal so any given throttle input results in less power / torque. So, if that is true, it seems you could do exactly what you wanted. In this case, you would just reflash your ECU with the +6 PSI tune and then turn off Econ Mode when you wanted to have the car run at full power. You can also load on a 2nd calibration into the FlashPro unit. You could use that for a lower power setting like +3 PSI.
Do you have to unlock the Flashpro before before bringing the car in for service, or just revert back to factory tune?

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I hit 195 WHP with the +6 Injen SRI base map tune. I am running 93 octane non-ethenol fuel though....... This was my dyno run with my CVT... I think your right when you say you would have better results with better fuel, no doubt.....

Doug from hondata look at my datalog and confirm that the fuel we use here (quebec) is not really good and confirm too that with better quality fuel the dyno results should be higher.
Sponsored