Hondata HPJ Review

RockyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Optima SXL, 2015 Honda CRV EX, 2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2003 Lancer Evolution
If I buy this could I flash other cars or is it specific to one vehicle? Thinking about buying it and charging around $200 to flash cars. Some people won't want to or can't spend $700.
Sponsored

nathanzachary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2004 Integra Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If I buy this could I flash other cars or is it specific to one vehicle? Thinking about buying it and charging around $200 to flash cars. Some people won't want to or can't spend $700.
No, it is locked to one vehicle.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
If you could, how do you think Hondata would feel about that? SMH.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
so, TL;DR version: CVT owners, don't race anyone from a dig. 20-30mph rolls are your sweet spots. (learned that the other day, haha)

RockyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Optima SXL, 2015 Honda CRV EX, 2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2003 Lancer Evolution
No, it is locked to one vehicle.
Does the hondata unit need to be plugged in at all times? Will it be resellable when I am done with the car?

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does the hondata unit need to be plugged in at all times? Will it be resellable when I am done with the car?
It doesn't need to stay plugged in but it's still locked to your VIN. To unlock it from your car you need to return to factory first.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
It doesn't need to stay plugged in but it's still locked to your VIN. To unlock it from your car you need to return to factory first.
Exactly, and once unlocked, you can use it in another car or sell it.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can only flash one car, the Flash Pro locks to the VIN and ECU. Hondata has a dealer network and if you buy a dealer Flash Pro, then you can flash multiple vehicles. I Imagine the dealer FP is much more than $695.....
Exactly, and once unlocked, you can use it in another car or sell it.
Lets clarify since he was asking questions, once unlocked from his civic, he can use it on another civic with the same type engine or sell it to someone with a the same civic engine

RockyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can only flash one car, the Flash Pro locks to the VIN and ECU. Hondata has a dealer network and if you buy a dealer Flash Pro, then you can flash multiple vehicles. I Imagine the dealer FP is much more than $695.....

Lets clarify since he was asking questions, once unlocked from his civic, he can use it on another civic with the same type engine or sell it to someone with a the same civic engine
Does anyone know where you would store that Hondata flashpro unit since it needs to be plugged in at all times? It looks kinda big to leave loose somewhere...

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone know where you would store that Hondata flashpro unit since it needs to be plugged in at all times? It looks kinda big to leave loose somewhere...
Dude what??! Three people just said it DOES NOT need to be plugged it at all times. Only to flash and datalog. You should probably stay away from tuning if you can't even read.

nathanzachary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dude what??! Three people just said it DOES NOT need to be plugged it at all times. Only to flash and datalog. You should probably stay away from tuning if you can't even read.
There's no need to be rude about it. Remember that there was a point when all of us were new to the game.

@RockyD,
To iterate, you only need to have the FlashPro plugged in to your OBD-II port when you are flashing a new map or datalogging. Otherwise, you don't need it plugged in at all (which means the majority of the time, especially after you are happy with the tune).

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There's no need to be rude about it. Remember that there was a point when all of us were new to the game.

@RockyD,
To reiterate for the fifth time, you only need to have the FlashPro plugged in to your OBD-II port when you are flashing a new map or datalogging. Otherwise, you don't need it plugged in at all (which means the majority of the time, especially after you are happy with the tune).
FTFY

nathanzachary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You didn't fix anything for me. "Iterate" is the appropriate term because to iterate means to do or say again. To "reiterate" would be to do again... again, which is redundant. Though "reiterate" is a common colloquial mistake, it is still just that, a mistake.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/iterate
http://www.future-perfect.co.uk/grammar-tip/is-it-reiterate-or-iterate/

Cheers,
Zach
"So, you would use ‘reiterate’ only if you actually were iterating again, for a second/third time!"
Quote from your definition, should have read the whole thing.

The point had been made more than once, you were reiterating.

Back on topic.
Sponsored