Hondata Fuel System

breakingakajav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP FK8, 91 Miata, 19 X-trek
Country flag
93 oct, FBO numbers, however maxing out the pump makes lean so I wouldn't push it this hard all the time.

Matt

Derf Tuned.jpg
I know this is an Hondata thread, but since we are looking at HP/$ the absolute best bang for the buck is probably ktuner Stage 1.1 with an otherwise stock setup. Also, isn't DRob getting 370-380 whp with just an intercooler, highlow cat/downpipe and 93? I know every dyno is different, but if you are just looking for HP per dollar; ktuner + intercooler + downpipe is a pretty good deal. Having said that; I think I'm going to be switching to Hondata soon from ktuner as there are just too many things missing from ktuner right now.

Ktuner seems to have abandoned the platform. If people just want a few more ponies sure, but if you're trying to build the car beyond the basics, you're way better of going flashpro or motec

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Ktuner seems to have abandoned the platform. If people just want a few more ponies sure, but if you're trying to build the car beyond the basics, you're way better of going flashpro or motec
I would agree for the most part, but they did just add a new ktuner stage 1.1 and a PRL FBO map, so that's something...but that might be the last change ever made; and they don't seem interested in letting us know otherwise.

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
:slap:

Thanks for bringing this to market, Hondata.
You’ll be getting my money.
What many people do not understand, is the difference between price and value. The FlashPro adds the value of traction control worth hundreds of dollars. The value is in safety, reduced tyre wear and faster lap times. Add to that, real time tuning which reduces tuning time and costs. Calibrations developed from multiple 25 hour endurance races. The value in what you can learn about your car from our world class datalogging. The list goes on.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata Fuel System Pirelli_Carl_Lewis-power-is-nothing-without-control

Last edited:

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Correct me if I’m wrong, but keeping it as simple as:
Flash Pro and Flex Fuel on an otherwise stock CTR, is way more cost effective than going FBO on 93, right?
No need to swap parts etc if you’re just shooting for 370-380

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Correct me if I’m wrong, but keeping it as simple as:
Flash Pro and Flex Fuel on an otherwise stock CTR, is way more cost effective than going FBO on 93, right?
No need to swap parts etc if you’re just shooting for 370-380
That is my plan. I’ve done the FBO before on a WRX and hated having to uninstall all the parts before selling the car. I tend to not keep cars very long, so that’s my preference.

If I’m going to install something that requires some amount of effort, I probably won’t bother to uninstall it before selling it.

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A buddy of mine is installing...i will take pics of everything
You either need this tool, a Honda dealer or experienced mechanic to remove the fuel pump securing ring. The part number is on the diagram. It can be purchased online, or your Honda dealer may have one.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata Fuel System honda-securing-rin

Last edited:

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R #6850, 2015 Toyota TRD PRO 4Runner
Country flag
You either need this tool, a Honda dealer or experienced mechanic to remove the fuel pump securing ring. The part number is on the diagram. It can be purchased online, or your Honda dealer mat have one.

honda-securing-ring.jpg
My buddy is a Honda tech...dealership is doing install ???

IHadToRun

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
You either need this tool, a Honda dealer or experienced mechanic to remove the fuel pump securing ring. The part number is on the diagram. It can be purchased online, or your Honda dealer mat have one.

honda-securing-ring.jpg
Won’t the ole giant flat head and mallet work?