Chumbaloo

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civic type r grey
Country flag
Anybody go from fbo 93 to flex fuel with this system? Is there a decent increase I’m on the fence as I’m fbo custom drob 93 tuned On ktuner and don’t want to spend like 4g to get this the flex sensor kit and hondata Fp if it isn’t a decent bump
Sponsored

Jonno426

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Type R
Country flag
Anybody go from fbo 93 to flex fuel with this system? Is there a decent increase I’m on the fence as I’m fbo custom drob 93 tuned On ktuner and don’t want to spend like 4g to get this the flex sensor kit and hondata Fp if it isn’t a decent bump
What are you pushing right now? Have you gotten it dyno'd?

The power for 91 with a stock cat will be just a little less than our published dyno with high flow cat. A tune with E46 (or close) will be just little less than our published dyno chart. You can run E85, but will get better range and similar power to run an ethanol blend between 40 and 50%. Look out for a Youtube video (subscribe) on flex fuel tuning with the Hondata Fuel system.

hondata-fuel-system-flex-fuel-e46-415hp-web.png

It looks like you should expect this with the Hondata FBO E-blend fuel.

Chumbaloo

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civic type r grey
Country flag
I haven’t been dynod just street tune but I’d assume 360hp/tq

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
At some point, yes. I'd say you can prolong your stock clutch's life a lot by double clutching like you should and keeping your RPM below 3k.
not sure if serious or F&F joke

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Stock clutch is fine at 470 lb-ft for me.
For hard street driving and occasional track time? I tend to shift a little too fast sometimes and in the lower gears end up slipping the clutch a tiny bit. (Not sure if that's the correct term, but say when going from 2nd to 3rd, the wheels will spin a bit as the clutch clamps on after being released by the delay valve while throttle is added) it doesn't feel jarring, it actually gives a sensation of accelerating harder). Either way, it's a sure way to wear the clutch out faster.

Probably going to go with an ACT 6 puck w/flywheel right before I get hands on my turbo upgrade. The lighter flywheel should help rpm drop faster. Plus with the much stronger clutch I won't have to worry as much when beating the crap out of it.

Last edited:

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
The Hondata Fuel System upgrade provides enough fuel for 500-550hp or 60-70% more power than stock with supporting modifications. It will provide 24% more fuel regardless of engine management used. Some parts, like the high pressure fuel line, are suitable for higher power levels.
Or maybe 600?

Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata Fuel System DE3E83BF-9FDA-47E9-AAA7-5B6EB2D0056C

Rickyshoots

2019 FK8 Black
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R FK8 SBP,E-250 cargo van,
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
dumb question but new to Flex Fuel im gonna run the new fuel system upgrade with PRL flex kit and when we go to tune it do we need to do 2 full tunes one for 91 and one for E85? so that when im off driving in parts of the country with no E85 I can just use pump gas and be good or will the sensor and Hondata automatically make adjustments due to running straight pump gas?