AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

Here's it's maiden voyage with the new system. Don't think DIFP Duty even goes above 75%, thats just at spool up. I most of my torque targets to 540nm to see what it did.... lol no difference, still low utilization. My long term fuel trim is kinda messed up but I think it's because when I selected the fuel system it didn't change it to the 18.xx% that it should have.
Sponsored

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's so silly, I have to rework my throttle tables for sure. At 55mph in 3rd, partial throttle spins the tires up. To be fair, I still have the same fronts on that I drove to the dragon, beat the crap out of them and drove back

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag

Here's it's maiden voyage with the new system. Don't think DIFP Duty even goes above 75%, thats just at spool up. I most of my torque targets to 540nm to see what it did.... lol no difference, still low utilization. My long term fuel trim is kinda messed up but I think it's because when I selected the fuel system it didn't change it to the 18.xx% that it should have.
You mean negative 18%?

Just curious, what fuel are you or plan to run?

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You mean negative 18%?

Just curious, what fuel are you or plan to run?
Yeah, On all my logs my long term fuel trim has been -14,15. I don't remember what basemap I saw where it had fuel trim at -18%, but on the 93 hondata fuel system when I checked today it was 4.49%. Short term trims are in line at least.

Edit: Now I see, I had 10% ethanol checked but I didn't see the don't use with hondata fuel system note. With it unchecked overall fuel trim is -19.51% That should fix it IF it was checked then it won't let you uncheck it, it will just recheck 0%, uncheck that back to 10% @Hondata are you aware of this? I have to start a new tune now lol.

Just 93, it's my daily i don't feel like mixing it. Could just run 93 to work and then on the weekends blend it. I'd have to get a flex fuel kit.

Last edited:

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Yeah, On all my logs my long term fuel trim has been -14,15. I don't remember what basemap I saw where it had fuel trim at -18%, but on the 93 hondata fuel system when I checked today it was 4.49%. Short term trims are in line at least.

Edit: Now I see, I had 10% ethanol checked but I didn't see the don't use with hondata fuel system note. With it unchecked overall fuel trim is -19.51% That should fix it IF it was checked then it won't let you uncheck it, it will just recheck 0%, uncheck that back to 10% @Hondata are you aware of this? I have to start a new tune now lol.

Just 93, it's my daily i don't feel like mixing it. Could just run 93 to work and then on the weekends blend it. I'd have to get a flex fuel kit.
Not sure how familiar you are with tuning, but you technically don't need a flex sensor but it makes it easier.

Without a flex sensor, all you have to do is decrease air charge limit, increase fuel flow percent, and increase timing. Actually, with Hondata fuel system, you may not even need to decrease air charge limit but just monitor the fuel pump usage.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not sure how familiar you are with tuning, but you technically don't need a flex sensor but it makes it easier.

Without a flex sensor, all you have to do is decrease air charge limit, increase fuel flow percent, and increase timing. Actually, with Hondata fuel system, you may not even need to decrease air charge limit but just monitor the fuel pump usage.
True, I'd just rather do it the safer way. Especially since I wouldn't be using e85 so I wanna be sure my mix is correct.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
True, I'd just rather do it the safer way. Especially since I wouldn't be using e85 so I wanna be sure my mix is correct.
I just realized we're getting more stations with E30 (87/E85 blended to E30). Not sure how that compares with E85 and 93 blended to E30 though. I've been wanting to test but just been lazy.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I just realized we're getting more stations with E30 (87/E85 blended to E30). Not sure how that compares with E85 and 93 blended to E30 though. I've been wanting to test but just been lazy.
most pump ethanol is 87 octane anyway.

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's in the instructions - either start with one of the new calibrations for the fuel system or set the overall fuel trim to -20%. You don't need to re-make your calibration.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
There isn't an octane rating for E30 pumps unless there's some research that says E30 has the same effective octane rating as E10 87.
sorry, i meant its MIXED with 87 octane.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's in the instructions - either start with one of the new calibrations for the fuel system or set the overall fuel trim to -20%. You don't need to re-make your calibration.
My bad, I see now. If you manually enter the overall fuel trim it will uncheck the box. Much like if you change the knock control values, or the torque targets from "improved throttle" it will uncheck those boxes in mods. Carry on, lol

Snmtazz70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
500HP 2019 Honda Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
My bad, I see now. If you manually enter the overall fuel trim it will uncheck the box. Much like if you change the knock control values, or the torque targets from "improved throttle" it will uncheck those boxes in mods. Carry on, lol
Come to Miami and help me with mine! Getting it this week. I already did the upgraded turbo from TurboBay.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Come to Miami and help me with mine! Getting it this week. I already did the upgraded turbo from TurboBay.
Haha going back to work Monday after messing with it Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning sucks. My body hurts and I've got cuts all over my hands (stupid factory zip ties). I hit my head on parts of the hood to multiple times climbed up in there, so I have bumps and cuts to show there. I could a got a blanket and put the hood all the way back and tied it, but it was good shade from the sun
Sponsored