Mike2954...

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic type r
Country flag
Need some opinions, I am thinking of getting the hondata flashpro for the type r, currently all stock besides intercooler. What kind of gains are you guys seeing with the flashpro? Also, theres a nearby shop that has the flashpro in stock, can jailbreak the ecu (Instant jailbreak), and custom dyno tune , theyre asking 1300. They said they have seen 40-50hp gains and 60tq gains.
Sponsored

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Get a downpipe for the most gains. $350 for custom tuning sounds pretty good. Do they allow any revisions/updates for when you get new parts?

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Ethanol will be the best bang per dollar. If you have access to E85, you can try that.

A custom tune isn't really necessary unless you have some weird combination of parts, which you don't.

Jimmyjambo_fk8

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Need some opinions, I am thinking of getting the hondata flashpro for the type r, currently all stock besides intercooler. What kind of gains are you guys seeing with the flashpro? Also, theres a nearby shop that has the flashpro in stock, can jailbreak the ecu (Instant jailbreak), and custom dyno tune , theyre asking 1300. They said they have seen 40-50hp gains and 60tq gains.
You & I are in the same boat. I will be getting Hondata and adding flex fuel. I don't plan on many other motor mods, with the exception of a radium catch can setup.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
You & I are in the same boat. I will be getting Hondata and adding flex fuel. I don't plan on many other motor mods, with the exception of a radium catch can setup.
That is the way to IMO. TREMENDOUS difference with just those two!!

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
so 1300 for hondata, jailbreak and tune? If so, get it. I sometimes wish that's all I did lol. That's really all you need. I always fall down the rabbit hole of getting mods. I love my setup, but honestly, sometimes just being kind of sleeper mod helps...I'd do it imo

OP
OP

Mike2954...

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic type r
Country flag
so 1300 for hondata, jailbreak and tune? If so, get it. I sometimes wish that's all I did lol. That's really all you need. I always fall down the rabbit hole of getting mods. I love my setup, but honestly, sometimes just being kind of sleeper mod helps...I'd do it imo
Yup, got it scheduled for next week, im starting to get there myself lol probably going to stop once fbo...but you never know

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I’m running just the ktuner stage 1.1. I went with ktuner since their stage 1.1 was done exclusively by DRob and makes more power than the hondata base maps and i don’t plan to custom tune. Also, my friend has hondata and flex fuel on his CTR with no other mods and after a few pulls on the street, his car starts to overheat.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m running just the ktuner stage 1.1. I went with ktuner since their stage 1.1 was done exclusively by DRob and makes more power than the hondata base maps and i don’t plan to custom tune. Also, my friend has hondata and flex fuel on his CTR with no other mods and after a few pulls on the street, his car starts to overheat.
just hope that base map doesn't run lean...I noticed a hondata base map was slightly lean when I ran it.

vleal12

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW Honda Civic Type R
So the stock FK8 can overheat with Hondata? I’m looking at going this route but don’t want over heating issues

Jimmyjambo_fk8

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
How much more power? I’m debating this same issue. I don’t plan on modding my ride out.
Sponsored