Hondata FlashPro (w/e85) or Ktuner v2 (w/TSP Stage 1 Tune)

yaom1ng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 CVT
Country flag
which route to choose:

Hondata w/ flex fuel kit claim 'Gains of 60+ hp and 60+ lb-ft of torque with just a Hondata Base Map'

or

Ktuner w/ TSP Stage 1 tune 'peak gains of 32whp and 58ft lbs of torque over the factory calibration'
Sponsored

VidaDeX

Dm Slder
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
which route to choose:

Hondata w/ flex fuel kit claim 'Gains of 60+ hp and 60+ lb-ft of torque with just a Hondata Base Map'

or

Ktuner w/ TSP Stage 1 tune 'peak gains of 32whp and 58ft lbs of torque over the factory calibration'
Everyone will tell you ktuner. I am running hondata and I love it. It’s up to you.

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
On either platform, I can say from experience with both that the TSP Stage 1 tune is fantastic.

I don't have experience with E85 (limited availability near me) but the numbers I've seen with E40 blends and flex fuel tunes look amazing, and there are a lot of benefits. That is, if E85 is readily available in your area. Biggest difference is that your performance would be linked to being able to get a specific fuel and keeping an eye on your blend, which adds a little extra work.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
KTuner also supports flex fuel, if that's what you're ultimately after. Also TSP has a stage 2 with flex for Si, so I imagine they might release that for non-Si too at some point.

Fathomless

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI / 2018 Honda Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went with hondata and couldn't be happier. From what I understand if you are not going to be getting a custom tune then the hondata base maps win out.

So far zero issues and as good as advertised. I run the +6 psi, high octane (running 93) with full throttle shift and it's fantastic.

Got my prl cobra race in today so once I install and retune I'll report on how that went.

NikkoPH

First Name
Nikko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2016 Honda Pilot Touring
Country flag
I had K-Tuner and now running Hondata on my SI. Both platform does a great job it just depend where you or your tuner will be more comfortable tuning.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
From what I understand if you are not going to be getting a custom tune then the hondata base maps win out.
Having owned both platforms, they honestly are both very good. The base maps are tuned somewhat differently but ultimately both are vastly superior to the stock tune.

I'm happier with my KTuner V2, and for me anyway, a better customer service experience with KTuner.

OP
OP
yaom1ng

yaom1ng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 CVT
Country flag
I went with hondata and couldn't be happier. From what I understand if you are not going to be getting a custom tune then the hondata base maps win out.

So far zero issues and as good as advertised. I run the +6 psi, high octane (running 93) with full throttle shift and it's fantastic.

Got my prl cobra race in today so once I install and retune I'll report on how that went.
you need a retune after you install an intake or is there a map already in there for that

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
you need a retune after you install an intake or is there a map already in there for that
Both companies have options in the software that supports the prl race maf as far as I am aware.

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
which route to choose:

This company has some pretty impressive tunes that go far beyond the base maps we offer. http://powermetric.net/. Check them out

OP
OP
yaom1ng

yaom1ng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 CVT
Country flag
What options does Hondata FlashPro have for display for 2018 civic

can I use the Hondata Mobile app and a tablet - and i would need to keep the flashpro in the car?

Last edited:

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
What options does Hondata FlashPro have for display for 2018 civic

can I use the Hondata Mobile app and a tablet - and i would need to keep the flashpro in the car?
Yup, that's what I do. I have a little 6" tablet that I have strictly for that. And yes, it needs to be in the car and plugged in to the OBD port.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata FlashPro (w/e85) or Ktuner v2 (w/TSP Stage 1 Tune) 0A436C2C-0339-4F3D-839B-1E90B165E7F5

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
which route to choose:

or

Comparing flex tunes to non flex isn't really a good comparison to make a decision on. as Ktuner said, you can enable flex fuel on the Ktuner unit as well. I run flex on my cvt on occasion :) I have the v2 which is still less than the Flash Pro, but you could get the v1.2 which is $250 less and do the head unit hack or get a cheap tablet and still save some money.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata FlashPro (w/e85) or Ktuner v2 (w/TSP Stage 1 Tune) IMG_3666

OP
OP
yaom1ng

yaom1ng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 CVT
Country flag
Comparing flex tunes to non flex isn't really a good comparison to make a decision on. as Ktuner said, you can enable flex fuel on the Ktuner unit as well. I run flex on my cvt on occasion :) I have the v2 which is still less than the Flash Pro, but you could get the v1.2 which is $250 less and do the head unit hack or get a cheap tablet and still save some money.

IMG_3666.jpg
i read that 2018 can't do the head unit hack yet.

ktuner can enable flex fuel but not with the TSP/drob tune
Sponsored