FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
So this opensource, so to speak again, is a double edged sword.
Sponsored

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Thats the point, no tuner wants to invest time/money if theres no return.

Now when you say locked you mean locked from looking at the tune or adjusting anything. But can they “lock it”so to speak to you hondata/ktuner or your car? Locking you out from seeing and adjusting v locking the tune to one hondata/car? Can they do both?

Cuz again, if i cant copyright/lock my work whats the incentive for me no? My tune would get shared through forums like wildfire... assuming one is a tuner. Not saying i am, just thinking aloud.
No i totally agree with you. but look at it from the customers perspective also. Why would i pay alot of money to a tuner for a custom tune just to share it with some cheapskate who doesn't want to fork out the money for a custom tune?

Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata flashpro vs ktuner for type r xaitOL2

now even if you check the bottom 2 options, if you can still see the tables, what stops people from copy pasting it?
that's why theres the option to not show tables and parameters.

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
I see the option to not show tables and parameters and also an option to lock to flashpro serial #. So they can do it, thats all that matters.

Its not just about end user sharing but competition sharing it. The end user could resell a custom tune for 200$ instead of 800$ at source. If left open its easy to fine adjust and have a custom tune for cents on $

xABNINx

First Name
Roderick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R - 2019
Country flag
do you really have to send your ECU to them? How are you guys doing it if the type R is your daily? This sucks wish there was a local place that does this same day.

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
do you really have to send your ECU to them? How are you guys doing it if the type R is your daily? This sucks wish there was a local place that does this same day.
If money is not a problem purchase another stock ecu and use that one to get unlocked

xABNINx

First Name
Roderick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R - 2019
Country flag
If money is not a problem purchase another stock ecu and use that one to get unlocked
so the ECU that you get back, it's for sure your original ECU? I'm pretty sure this was covered somewhere else.

just used to old cobb accessport LOL

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
so the ECU that you get back, it's for sure your original ECU? I'm pretty sure this was covered somewhere else.

just used to old cobb accessport LOL
I mean yeah if you send them your current ECU, then yes.

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
I already have a ktuner v2 but I really want that hondata TC feature. Ktuner has been silent on whether they are going to bring TC out for the r which is unfortunate. I haven't even gotten my ecu unlocked because I don't know which tuner I want to deal with. I may just add hondata to my collection and just keep both.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
A person should be able to find a ride for 3 days or take off work :)

koochieman

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Civic Sedan, 2018 Black CTR
Country flag
Ktuner had me for the separate drive modes.. but choosing Hondata FP cause I had it on my 8thgen and TC feature. Both great though... and the fact that they're both solid systems is peace of mind either way you go

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ktuner had me for the separate drive modes.. but choosing Hondata FP cause I had it on my 8thgen and TC feature. Both great though... and the fact that they're both solid systems is peace of mind either way you go
You can tailor each drive mode with Hondata as well - only throttle response though, same for KTuner (I've had both). They have a couple pre-canned Mods you can apply or, like me, I just copied 2nd and 3rd gear torque tables from the +R mode down to Sport. Easy peezy.

redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
You can tailor each drive mode with Hondata as well - only throttle response though, same for KTuner (I've had both). They have a couple pre-canned Mods you can apply or, like me, I just copied 2nd and 3rd gear torque tables from the +R mode down to Sport. Easy peezy.
Wait the r has other modes besides r.....I've literally never used a different mode, mater of face if hondata could make my car start in r mode I would be ok with that lol.

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wait the r has other modes besides r.....I've literally never used a different mode, mater of face if hondata could make my car start in r mode I would be ok with that lol.
There is a product that does just that but I keep holding out hope Hondata will make it so. It's just sending an input to the ECU, I don't see how it can't be "faked" but who knows, maybe it's on some system Hondata doesn't have access to.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
I see that there is a carb version of the FlashPro, what’s the difference?

Regarding a clone, how is it possible for anyone to know if the car was tuned if the ECU is untouched (via cloned)?
Sponsored