First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R
Country flag
post your experience with both to see the difference thank you
So basically you want to do zero research. Why donā€™t you compare and contrast the two products based off of YOUR needs/goals? You didnā€™t even state in your post what your plans are for your ctr!

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
lol...hit up @02SilverSiHB i think he has experience with both tunes.
lol, nope. I've used hondata (kpro and flashpro) in the past, but never used ktuner.

I have to admit, ktuner seems a bit further ahead than hondata. I see ktuner has what I like the most..the choice in having various tunes loaded for each mode (comfort, sport, R+)

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
post your experience with both to see the difference thank you
if you check ktuner's site and compare it to hondata's site you'll see some of the differences. As said before, it also depends on what each person is going for, I guess.

And as I mentioned above...only reason I'd go ktuner over hondata right now is they have the ability to load different tunes via the mode you're in.

However, I know hondata is working on that still.

Ktuner, from what I've heard, has been working on bosch ECUs longer, so may no more, and hence why they have more options right now.

Although, I'm a fan of hondata as I've used their products on my 2002, 2007, 2011 and 2013 Civic Si's

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
...I see ktuner has what I like the most..the choice in having various tunes loaded for each mode (comfort, sport, R+)
Hondata has this capability as well. It's been in testing...

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
tbh, we're so limited by the fuel system that if you are planning on getting it custom tuned, it probably doesn't matter which system you go with. I'd just go with w/e your tuner is familiar with.
someone was messaging me that our fuel is good for 600whp...lol, I wish I knew where he got that info.

I could have sworn both ktuner and hondata confirmed its limited to around 360~400whp with the current fuel system?

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
These type of posts are often an invitation for trolls to jump in, but I'll comment anyhow.

The FK8 ECU does not hold multiple calibrations by mode, but you can set the torque for each mode fairly easily. Our software has a couple of 'mods' which can set the torque tables to different levels, otherwise it is easy to do yourself.

Not sure if the length of time working on Bosch ECUs is relevant, but we had a FK2 since 2015, so had about 2 years before the US vehicle came along. A more relevant question would be how many FK8s we have, which is two. And by that I don't mean customers cars, but cars we own.

The fuel system limitation depends on ethanol content and octane, but it is not 600 hp. It can be as low as 360-370 lb-ft on pump gas.

Cedric44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si coupe 2012
Country flag
These type of posts are often an invitation for trolls to jump in, but I'll comment anyhow.

The FK8 ECU does not hold multiple calibrations by mode, but you can set the torque for each mode fairly easily. Our software has a couple of 'mods' which can set the torque tables to different levels, otherwise it is easy to do yourself.

Not sure if the length of time working on Bosch ECUs is relevant, but we had a FK2 since 2015, so had about 2 years before the US vehicle came along. A more relevant question would be how many FK8s we have, which is two. And by that I don't mean customers cars, but cars we own.

The fuel system limitation depends on ethanol content and octane, but it is not 600 hp. It can be as low as 360-370 lb-ft on pump gas.
What is better for a tune. 91 octane with no ethanol.or 94 octane with 10%~ ethanol?

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
I am still torn and can't make up my mind which way to go. :dunno:

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What is better for a tune. 91 octane with no ethanol.or 94 octane with 10%~ ethanol?
94 octane with ethanol. The 10% ethanol will increase the fuel demand by about 4%, but the 3 octane bump will increase power by more than 4% so even if you reduce the air charge to keep the fuel pump happy you'll make more power. Also, the fuel pump is at maximum capacity around peak torque to the top end power is not limited by the fuel pump (currently).
Sponsored