Hondata Flashpro Tuning for the FK8 Type R!!

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In the future will it be possible to tune with just the flashpro, without the need to send in the ecu?
It doesn't sound like it will be possible unless someone can figure out how to unlock/unencrypt as DIY.
I believe we are only sending in for encryption removal procedure performed by @Hondata . Any future tuning is done at any authorized shop
There is some confusion here. Once we unlock the ECU it programs like any other ECU with FlashPro. You can program it yourself or get someone else to do it, but you don't need to send it in to get modified again.
But it will need to be sent to Hondata to be unlocked. That is not going to change.

Last edited:

d1390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
There is some confusion here. Once we unlock the ECU it programs like any other ECU with FlashPro. You can program it yourself or get someone else to do it, but you don't need to send it in to get modified again.
But it will need to be sent to Hondata to be unlocked. That is not going to change.
In other words, Hondata will need to perform a physical modification to the ECU which includes soldering, by the sounds of it. If so, I'm guessing eventually the dealers will be trained this procedure so that we can all get it?

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Hondata
Do I need to send my original ecu or can a buy a ecu and send that out to get unlocked for flashpro?
That has already been answered. Please look back a couple pages.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've tried saying that a few times :D...

chingonR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #1592, 2015 Honda Pilot
Country flag
I was asking about the 1st unlocking, like mentioned before, with the VW ECUs, once the code was figured out they could be modified without removing the ECU

lhonda200

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1995 Integra Gsr, 2004 Jeep Liberty
Country flag
@Hondata Will we have live tuning capabilities, with this flash pro? If so will you have a list of the parameters, that can be changed live, listed at or near launch? Thanks!

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
So the winner of the TypeR ECU flashing race will be won by the company who manages to reflash it without taking out the ECU from the car.
Come on Hondata you can do it, just push a bit harder.

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So the winner of the TypeR ECU flashing race will be won by the company who manages to reflash it without taking out the ECU from the car.
Come on Hondata you can do it, just push a bit harder.
That's just your opinion. Perfectly happy sending them my ECU :thumbsup:

sev1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Honda Accord V6 6sp
Country flag
I saw the question asked but didn't see an answer.

Will you be able to customize the drive modes and set the default mode?

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's just your opinion. Perfectly happy sending them my ECU :thumbsup:
Ditto, I have another car for when I need to do that :D

I saw the question asked but didn't see an answer.

Will you be able to customize the drive modes and set the default mode?
I have a feeling that and more details on the functions will be revealed closer to the end of March...just my guess though.

fk8_#798

First Name
pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 civic is fully built engine and tranny supercharged e85 , 2017 civic touring 1.5t sedan., 2017 civic type r hatchback 2.0 turbocharged
i definitely don't have an issue sending my ecu to a well known respectable company. just play your cards right. send in you ecu via over night with a enclosed return label that's also over night, and use a reputable shipping company that has less reported damage then others like fed ex. its number one in the country.
Sponsored