OP
OP

Ruskee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si
Country flag
It does make a difference because if something breaks you are gonna be held responsible. If you own the car yeah you are still responsible but at least it's your car. No dealer will be hanging over your neck. And if it's leased you don't have an option if something does brake or malfunction. I don't think you get the point I'm trying to lay out.
You're completely ignoring the extent of the actual modifications being considered. I'm not throwing on a big turbo and running nitrous lmfao. It's just a simple tune. I will reflash to stock before taking it to the dealer anyways. I haven't heard of anyone having any reliability issues with this tune. Sure it might affect longevity way down the line, but I don't have to worry about that since my lease will be up long before that becomes of any concern. So the point you're attempting to make is rather irrelevant in this context.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Ruskee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si
Country flag
Anyways, my question was not "should I modify a leased car," it's whether I can sell back the tuner once the lease is up. (Thank you to those who actually addressed this question.)

It sounds like I should be able to get at least 70% of the value back. 8th gen FPs selling for $550 sounds promising. Anyone else have personal experience selling a used FP? Either way I think I might pull the trigger. From everything else I've read and the videos I've seen, it looks to be a significant improvement in performance without much compromise.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyways, my question was not "should I modify a leased car," it's whether I can sell back the tuner once the lease is up. (Thank you to those who actually addressed this question.)

It sounds like I should be able to get at least 70% of the value back. 8th gen FPs selling for $550 sounds promising. Anyone else have personal experience selling a used FP? Either way I think I might pull the trigger. From everything else I've read and the videos I've seen, it looks to be a significant improvement in performance without much compromise.
Its so early in the tuning world for this platform, we have no idea if Hondata is going to give access to more tables for the tuners like Vit or not. If not FP may not hold its value as well, because Ktuner will be the tuning platform youll want. Vit seems to think Hondata will come around and that's probably from experience working with them. I came in late in the 8th gen world so i have no idea what is was like when FlashPro came out for that engine/ecu.

At this point, if you buy it (you should buy one or the other) you have to look at it as spending $700 for a mod that gave you awesome power gains and not worry about what you can recoup bc this mod is the best one you can buy for your car. There isnt another mod that can give you the torque, the hp, the boost, the drivability and reliability all in one package
Sponsored