Hondata FlashPro is now CARB legal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Another question since this is a carb unit, I save the changes to a new calibration file after I put a large number in where 124 mph was. It won't let me upload that file with an error message that it's not carb compliant.

I did do an upload after just changing the parameters and it worked but not sure if it took the change or just uploaded the same base map?

Thanks!
Im having the same problem. I think it only takes the +6 psi only. Cus i uploaded the setting to turn off vsa along with carb compliant +6 psi just to test it. It uploaded but vsa was not turned off when i started the car.
Sponsored

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
VSA light doesnt come on when you do a VSA disable. Also it will still flash if it detects lost of traction

mugenx78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Question... what are the pros and cons of running a Mishimoto SRI with a Hondata FlashPro Carb version. Will I have any issues ( CEL codes, running rich or lean, engine knock ) or should I just sell my intake and throw the stock box back on with the FlashPro.

micahray23

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I have the CVT auto transmission. So all i need to do is select the CARB +6 psi then adjust the calibrations for more boost and hit upload?
So is that what you did? Select CARB +6, then adjust calibrations, then upload? What adjustments did you make in calibrations?

jimmyn35

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
To answer the questions that have arisen:

We have passed the same stringent emissions standards that Honda was required to pass with the 10 gen Civic.

This means that:
  • The Hondata tunes will not affect any emissions test the Civic is required to undertake.
  • The CARB exemption D742-1 sticker which is provided with the CARB FlashPro can be shown to anybody enquiring about the emissions status.
  • CARB tunes for the 10th are based off, but are not identical to the race FlashPro.
  • There are other states that use the Californian emissions standards.
  • Full throttle power is unchanged.
  • There are no tuning tables for emissions related parameters
  • The CARB FlashPro CVT has +3 and +6 psi tunes
  • The CARB FlashPro MT has +3, +6 and +9 psi tunes.
  • We have provided these tunes for all users, but when used with a Race FlashPro they cannot be CARB compliant
i got state reffed and am going to have a smog check in a few weeks. gotta love california :D . i have the +6 basemap carb flash pro. i should be fine with it correct?