Hondata FlashPro is now CARB legal

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Hondata Flashpro now have a option to buy a CARB legal unit or you can still get the Race version.

"Great news! Hondata FlashPro (CARB) becomes California emissions compliant (CARB EO D-742-1) for the 2016+ Civic 1.5 turbo. This allows the CARB specific FlashPro to be used on street vehicles within the USA."
https://www.hondata.com/flashpro/flashpro-2016-civic-carb

Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata FlashPro is now CARB legal flashpro-carb-500x500
Sponsored

richd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
Awesome! Anyone know if it has the +6 map still and what differences there are vs race?

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awesome! Anyone know if it has the +6 map still and what differences there are vs race?
On their website it looks like dynos are the same for both, I honestly couldn't say what the differences are. Maybe less options to defeat oem systems?

richd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
I think I will now but... I live in one of "those" states...

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Wow.. never thought I would see the day very nice! @Hondata

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
well now that they have a carb legal version, i hope they finally put back the option to disable the CEL in the currents units:hmm::hmm:

richd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
Hondata Flashpro now have a option to buy a CARB legal unit or you can still get the Race version.

"Great news! Hondata FlashPro (CARB) becomes California emissions compliant (CARB EO D-742-1) for the 2016+ Civic 1.5 turbo. This allows the CARB specific FlashPro to be used on street vehicles within the USA."

flashpro-carb-500x500.jpg
Just placed my order! I called and they confirmed the base maps are the same.

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX (Crystal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

flashpro-carb-500x500.jpg
@dc2turbo What differences does this make now that it is CARB certified? What does this mean for a Californian resident interacting with law enforcement and the car dealership? Will both see that it's CARB cert. and not bother me about it?

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
@dc2turbo What differences does this make now that it is CARB certified? What does this mean for a Californian resident interacting with law enforcement and the car dealership? Will both see that it's CARB cert. and not bother me about it?
I don't represent Hondata or live in CA.

From what i can tell that cops and emission places will not give you a hassle for having it since its CARB certified. This has nothing to do with a car dealership.

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX (Crystal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't represent Hondata or live in CA.

From what i can tell that cops and emission places will not give you a hassle for having it since its CARB certified. This has nothing to do with a car dealership.
@dc2turbo Thanks for the response. I have another question, how would the cops or emission place be able to tell if you used a Tuning tool? assuming you don't leave the dongle hanging out your OBD port...

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
For people in Cali, it will carry a Carb EO exemption/sticker so they can pass an emissions scan (as Hondata has proven the calibrations/tunes that can be used with this device can & do pass). Anyone in Cali or anyone concerned with emissions since their car is a 100% street vehicle, this is a great option for them. It will, however, limit you to what calibrations & settings you/we can change in the tunes -- the vehicle has to stay in a certified fashion.

I've added the Carb legal version to our store as well: http://vittuned.com/hondata-flashpro.html

richd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
I'm really only interested in the 6 psi base map since I have a CVT and want long term reliability, but Vit do you know what is now blocked in the CARB version? Mine should arrive today btw!

Rich

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
I'm really only interested in the 6 psi base map since I have a CVT and want long term reliability, but Vit do you know what is now blocked in the CARB version? Mine should arrive today btw!

Rich
I will have to work with someone that buys the CARB version to see -- my personal FlashPro is the Dealer FlashPro, so it's all RACE oriented.

richd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
Maybe I'll contact you though to discuss but everything I read seems to say don't go past the 6psi base map with the CVT.

Rich

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Maybe I'll contact you though to discuss but everything I read seems to say don't go past the 6psi base map with the CVT.

Rich
I've done quite a few CVT's now -- all of them running considerably more than the 200wtq the 6psi basemap offers.
Sponsored