Doyyyrs

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport HB
Country flag
I finally invested in a Hondata FlashPro (CARB version). When I first bought my 2017 Honda Civic Sport HB I installed an Injen SRI. After reading multiple threads and responses, it appears there may be difficulty running the car with both FlashPro and SRI (or may be no point in keeping the SRI.) Anyone have experience with these two mods and any feedback? Should I take out the SRI and reinstall the stock intake?

if there is another thread that already answers this specifically that I may have missed, I apologize. There is a lot of info out there and I may have missed it. Please feel free to shoot me a link with an answer, or respond with your feedback.
Sponsored

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Ditch the Injen SRI. That will make your fuel trims wacko and is bad for the engine in the long run.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
The cold air intake is well documented to cause that issue. The short ram is not documented as having this same issue necessarily.

I wouldn’t get another injen product but every single time their name comes up, it’s being bashed. And probably rightly so...but it’s not necessarily warranted.

To answer your question, I ran the exact setup. Hondata, SRI, for well over 7500 miles. Zero issues.

OP
OP
Doyyyrs

Doyyyrs

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport HB
Country flag
The cold air intake is well documented to cause that issue. The short ram is not documented as having this same issue necessarily.

I wouldn’t get another injen product but every single time their name comes up, it’s being bashed. And probably rightly so...but it’s not necessarily warranted.

To answer your question, I ran the exact setup. Hondata, SRI, for well over 7500 miles. Zero issues.
Thanks for the feed back Blue. It sounds like I should be ok short term until I can get my stock intake out of storage. Definitely won’t be running this combo long term as it doesn’t sound to be beneficial.

FlashPro just arrived last night. Looking forward to calibrating and testing out.

fist4064

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T 6MT Coupe, 2013 Nissan Frontier SV
Country flag
What about running the Mishimoto Carb legal SRI with the Hondata CARB? Would that be okay??? Thank you.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
What about running the Mishimoto Carb legal SRI with the Hondata CARB? Would that be okay??? Thank you.
Just datalog to keep an eye on fuel trims periodically.
Sponsored