Hondata...Flashpro... +6 PSI ... my ongoing review

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
I will take a look later tonight for you.
Sponsored

SHAYN3R

First Name
SHAYNE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
@Micah is the ktuners base maps better than the carb? I am in Cali but I don’t wanna tweak anything rn.
I would say yes. I was flashed with the +6psi tune for over a year. My car ran great and had excellent features like adjustable launch control, no lift shit, etc.

Recently bought a ktuner v2. It was a great investment. I initially flashed to the ktuner basemaps and my initial thoughts were that the basemaps had significantly more torque/mid range than the +6 tune, but the top end was similar. Now I'm on TSP stage 1 and the car is genuinely impressive for being just a tune. That tune blows any other tune out of the water.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Just to add to that. I enjoyed the +6 Hondata tune but felt like the low end could have been better. Loved the top end.

When I switched to the KTuner V2, the low end was a real revelation and the midrange was fantastic. But, I felt like it ran out of oomph at high rpm (more so than the Hondata tune).

The TSP in some ways feels like a perfected version of the Hondata tune. Down low, throttle response is a bit less than with KTuner. But as rpm's rise, so does response. After 4,000 rpm power REALLY comes on. It's a much more complete and polished tune than the base tunes.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a datalog, if anyone is willing to look at it much appreciated.
I looked at the datalog and it seems to me your fuel trims are running quite rich. At the end of the drive LTFT was -10. There were times I saw STFT at around -25. What tune were you running? You weren't pushing hard at all; I didn't see any WOT pulls.

Hopefully PPL can look at the datalog and see if he can help you with some MAF scale calibration.

Ashxsi

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Sedan si
Country flag
I looked at the datalog and it seems to me your fuel trims are running quite rich. At the end of the drive LTFT was -10. There were times I saw STFT at around -25. What tune were you running? You weren't pushing hard at all; I didn't see any WOT pulls.

Hopefully PPL can look at the datalog and see if he can help you with some MAF scale calibration.
Just running the +6 base map from hondata, don't really run the car hard. I'll post some more logs in a few days. Going on a trip and will be datalogging my trip to jousha tree, the only mod I have is the race maf from prl. Also checking the box for race maf in the mods tab. Just PM Eric from prl hopefully he can help me out.
Thanks for your help @gtman much appreciated.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
I closed on a house yesterday so I spaced on getting a look at this. I will this evening....laptop is charging now....

Ashxsi

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Sedan si
Country flag
So I have a few more datalogs from this past weekend. If anyone has a chance to check them out that'd be great. Thank you

Attachments

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I have a few more datalogs from this past weekend. If anyone has a chance to check them out that'd be great. Thank you
Your trims are F***ed

Have you messed with afm calibrating at all? What bolt ons if any.

Its bad. Horrible actually.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I also checked the new datalogs and the fuel trims are much worse than the last datalog I read. At one point I saw LTFT at -21 and STFT at -25! Last week's datalog showed LTFT at -10.

Also, to get a truer picture you generally should include some WOT pulls but all your datalogs are only you cruising. At this point though, your trims are so insanely rich that you really need to take it to a mechanic to find the source of the issue. If you haven't touched anything within the tune settings, and you're basically running a stock setup, you have a mechnical problem of some sort.

I'm not a pro mechanic but here are a few possible causes:

High negative fuel trim corrections can be caused by MAF sensor problems, high fuel pressure, leaking fuel pressure regulator diaphragm, faulty evaporative emissions components, leaking injectors, defective O2 sensors, exhaust leaks/pinholes before the O2 sensor, coolant temp sensor problems...

Last edited:

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
What software do you guys use to look at these files after unzipping?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

FlexRex

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX and M5
Country flag
Need a pc, too much work. Just wanted to peak at his trims.

k757

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civic hatch
Country flag
With Hondata CARB, is it possible to load the tune to the ECO button?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
With Hondata CARB, is it possible to load the tune to the ECO button?
Yes. Just enable "Hondata mode". Eco on is stock. Eco off is the Hondata tune.

k757

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civic hatch
Country flag
Yes. Just enable "Hondata mode". Eco on is stock. Eco off is the Hondata tune.
I want to flip that....
ECO on = hondata
Regular = OEM standard tune

is that something I can do with standard hondata or is that something I'd have to get custom done (likey)
Sponsored