Hondata flashpro 1st attempt = fail

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch 1.5 turbo manual.
Country flag
so plugged my flashpro in and for my uk ecu i had 1 option (base calibration) selected 27won CAI on modifications and then uploaded.

Upon start up it sounded smooth and steady fuel and AFR but after about 1minute the car began to rev bounce as though im sat there tapping throttle on n off continuous! I panicked and turned car off then decided to do ecu reset ( disconnect black off battery) 15mins later i start up and it happens as im trying to drive it down the road, eventually after 5mins driving it starts to find itself but rev cutt off is very delayed asthough it has upset the cat sensors.

After i get back home i decide to plug in obd 2 reader and it shows my catalyst is "imcomplete" but before i uploaded hondata my car was running fine with no problems.

Please anyone with ideas on whats wrong im all ears :(

Will attached datalogg very shortly

Thanks,
Sponsored

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you get the correct calibration for your ECU number or did you just took the uk Civic hatch calibration?

OP
OP
CIVICUK

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you get the correct calibration for your ECU number or did you just took the uk Civic hatch calibration?
So upon plugging flash pro in and clicking new calibration it come up as 2016+ uk 1.5t civic and then there was only 1 on the list named
2016+ uk 1.5t base calibration ecu G22 (mine is G23) so im guessing all this is correct. Mine is a 2018 though.

AudioSi

First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe, 2019 Hatch EX
Country flag
so plugged my flashpro in and for my uk ecu i had 1 option (base calibration) selected 27won CAI on modifications and then uploaded.

Upon start up it sounded smooth and steady fuel and AFR but after about 1minute the car began to rev bounce as though im sat there tapping throttle on n off continuous! I panicked and turned car off then decided to do ecu reset ( disconnect black off battery) 15mins later i start up and it happens as im trying to drive it down the road, eventually after 5mins driving it starts to find itself but rev cutt off is very delayed asthough it has upset the cat sensors.

After i get back home i decide to plug in obd 2 reader and it shows my catalyst is "imcomplete" but before i uploaded hondata my car was running fine with no problems.

Please anyone with ideas on whats wrong im all ears :(

Will attached datalogg very shortly

Thanks,
Try reflashing back to stock, and then reflash to the tune. Sometimes they upload incorrectly

AudioSi

First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So upon plugging flash pro in and clicking new calibration it come up as 2016+ uk 1.5t civic and then there was only 1 on the list named
2016+ uk 1.5t base calibration ecu G22 (mine is G23) so im guessing all this is correct. Mine is a 2018 though.
Upon further digging, you might need to check Hondatas website to make sure your specific ECU is supported. I overlooked that you have a G23 not a G22 thats supported. Find your full ECU part number. You can plug that into Hondatas website to see If its supported. If its not email them. If your ECU is supported than reflashing should do the trick. If not just reset to stock and email them.

Your ECU part number is located on the ECU itself, under the plastic covering. it'll be 5 digits then 3 letters followed by a letter and 2 numbers. EX: 12345-ABC-A12
Link to search ECU number on Hondatas website
https://www.hondata.com/?_route_=flashpro

OP
OP
CIVICUK

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Try reflashing back to stock, and then reflash to the tune. Sometimes they upload incorrectly
Upon further digging, you might need to check Hondatas website to make sure your specific ECU is supported. I overlooked that you have a G23 not a G22 thats supported. Find your full ECU part number. You can plug that into Hondatas website to see If its supported. If its not email them. If your ECU is supported than reflashing should do the trick. If not just reset to stock and email them.

Your ECU part number is located on the ECU itself, under the plastic covering. it'll be 5 digits then 3 letters followed by a letter and 2 numbers. EX: 12345-ABC-A12
Link to search ECU number on Hondatas website
https://www.hondata.com/?_route_=flashpro

I have checked my ecu number to see if it is supported on thier website and everything matches well so i guess it is a matter of doing a reflash and see if this helps with the fueling problems. Thanks for the advice!

OP
OP
CIVICUK

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
*** update ***

Upon start up this morning the engine seemed fine with no rev bouncing but obd reader said " catylist " status was " imcomplete" but after 5minutes of driving it then switched to " complete" so i guess it was just waiting on wideband to kick in? But then once i reached work i left it idling and the stft 1 was reaching as high as 19% and then dropping as low as 10% so the idle is not quite right.

Could i fix this by adjusting WOT enrichment table values to bring in the AFR so STFT1 will be lower?

Thanks

AudioSi

First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
*** update ***

Upon start up this morning the engine seemed fine with no rev bouncing but obd reader said " catylist " status was " imcomplete" but after 5minutes of driving it then switched to " complete" so i guess it was just waiting on wideband to kick in? But then once i reached work i left it idling and the stft 1 was reaching as high as 19% and then dropping as low as 10% so the idle is not quite right.

Could i fix this by adjusting WOT enrichment table values to bring in the AFR so STFT1 will be lower?

Thanks
Honestly, I don't know much about the base maps, however I will warn that the hondata basemaps aren't the best, Hondata is better for the Type R, Ktuner is best for the regular civics. Id recommend emailing them to ask, they'll be better suited to help with idle issues from the tune. Although if the opportunity presents itself id switch to ktuner. Email them first though and see what they say

OP
OP
CIVICUK

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
*** update ***

So after trying a reflash (audiosi thank you for suggesting) the engine was a lot better upon start up and during a 10min drive to let the ecu settle, the AFR and fuel trims on stft1 was as high as -14% in some areas and the Ltft1 was -4 by the end of drive and when back at idle on the driveway the stft was maintaning as high as only 10% so i think this is a good start but definatly some adjustments needed.

Also upon the reflash i noticed ' throttle overrun (rev hang disable) was enabled which after unticking made the car feel smoother on pull off and the revs dropped to idle smoother at stops.

But one other thing i noticed was something under 'torque limit' where it says " econ button boost" (hondata enabled) ... what does this do?

I notice when i tick it the eco torque limits highlight the same colours as sport mode and they are ALL set to 655nm , do i need to change these at all?

Sorry for questions im reading help manuals but sometimes prefer a different explanation. :)

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
But one other thing i noticed was something under 'torque limit' where it says " econ button boost" (hondata enabled) ... what does this do?
Hondata mode (if enabled) gives you a second tune on the fly (with factory boost levels) when you press the Econ button on the center console.
Sponsored