Hondata Flash Pro

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Doing the flash does void the warranty, no? Even if you flash it back prior to service, Honda techs can tell if it has been flashed... I'm not sure I want to screw with that, although...it does sound interesting...
They can not tell if it's been flashed, the only thing they can check is the boost pressure, (psi) on the turbo to see what the highest psi rating was.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gerothius777

Gerothius777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #318, 2017 Odyssey EX-L RES
Country flag
Doing the flash does void the warranty, no? Even if you flash it back prior to service, Honda techs can tell if it has been flashed... I'm not sure I want to screw with that, although...it does sound interesting...
Yes it will.

T_A_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2012 Honda Accord LX-P
Country flag
Seems the CARB version makes a lot of sense.

Once the warranty is over, get the CARB version, you'll have to SMOG by then anyway

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 hatchback sport, Mazda CX-3 2017, polaris rzr 1000s 2017
Country flag

If you break something in the internal, they will look all the logging in the ecu to seach for an over rev or engine abuse, when you flash back to stock, in the same time you erase all the logg in the ecu, so if they see no logging in the ecu your done they will suspect a reflashed ecu. If you blow your engine like i did with my l15ba and want to flash back to stock but the engine can run....you can't create any logg cause the engine is dead...do your done again. And if they send two engineer to look at your ecu like honda did to me....your done...that was my experience with my 2017 hatch sport 6mt.

and i forget to mentionned the freeze data that only honda have tool to look at this and a reflash erase nothing in the freeze data. Flashpro dont erase freeze data.

Cheesus_Si

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si
Country flag
does it really void the warranty??

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
does it really void the warranty??
flashpro dont void warranty but if you bent a rod...good luck for your warranty claim. Dealer honda are now wifi connected with honda canada here, they send data in wifi via the obd tool with a keyboard. I blow my engine but never know the real cause, maybe an over rev or too much low rpm torque, the engine begane to knock on a cold start with no wot in the last 100km?!? A tuner in thailan, carfun, tell me that they already killed 20 of these engine with different tuner brand there, the weak point is the rod, and this engine make big tq at low rpm,in the mazdaspeed community they have problem like this with too much low rpm tq and bent rod.

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
flashpro dont void warranty but if you bent a rod...good luck for your warranty claim. Dealer honda are now wifi connected with honda canada here, they send data in wifi via the obd tool with a keyboard. I blow my engine but never know the real cause, maybe an over rev or too much low rpm torque, the engine begane to knock on a cold start with no wot in the last 100km?!? A tuner in thailan, carfun, tell me that they already killed 20 of these engine with different tuner brand there, the weak point is the rod, and this engine make big tq at low rpm,in the mazdaspeed community they have problem like this with too much low rpm tq and bent rod.

I don't need to be 'zippy' enough to mess with not having damage covered by warranty. Guess I'll just stay stock.

AMGSiR

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si Sedan (CBP)
Country flag
How hard were you pushing your car when you popped it?
How much boost?
Octane?

Lets just get a proper perspective here.

teebee288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How hard were you pushing your car when you popped it?
How much boost?
Octane?

Lets just get a proper perspective here.

Run 94oct with the +9 basemap and A LOT of hard pull and i hammer it A LOT at low rpm 2k, miss shift was done in march and the engine blows 2 mounth later, everything was fine till it started to knock in cold start in the
Morning
This engine cost me 1500$ plus 500$ gasket and fluids, do it myself with a friend, so it's not a big deal. Honda want to bill me 10000$ without labor lol. I swap and l15b7, this car come with an l15ba, everything woks fine. Hondata have tested this tune on the 25h thunderhill race, so i thrust this tune, i think the cause is more the over rev, like i said before when i saw carfun blows engine at 26psi!! This make me perplexed, every engine is different and like vitviper said in another thread, he saw acura tsx 11-12 throwing rods on stock tune! Who knows?
Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata Flash Pro IMG_1842.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata Flash Pro IMG_1841.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata Flash Pro IMG_0557.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata Flash Pro IMG_0558.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata Flash Pro IMG_0637.JPG

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I know @Hondata is aware of the impact on rods and can probably elaborate on how they manage stress at lower RPMs. But you can see in their dyno that RPMs build progressively and don't peak until after 2.5-3K, similar to how the MS3 is tuned nowadays (I own one).

Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata Flash Pro 2017civisi-plus6-plus9-power-torque-500x500

OP
OP
Gerothius777

Gerothius777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #318, 2017 Odyssey EX-L RES
Country flag
When you abuse any car even a Honda, things break. Respect your toys and take care of them and you will have a lot less issues. Hard launching or beating on a car will always end up in some breakage.

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Does this actually make the car any faster?

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Good, I need all of the help I can get for the autobahn.

y2kprofesor

First Name
marius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag