Hondata CVT Rolling Anti-Lag

dragonov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic
Country flag
It destroys your baby turbo faster for no reason. It actually makes you slower because the turbo spools fast on its own and doesnt need anti lag.
That makes sense. With my current tune it seems to spool up pretty quick to me, so why even have the feature available?
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What is the evidence to support this statement?
what evidence would you like? The thousands of post that show up when you google is anti lag bad for my engine/turbo. Or the part that it makes you slower? Because if you are doing a roll race and you anti lag, you are actually cutting power to the engine in the name of spool, on a turbo that spools at the touch of throttle? Also very terrible for a CVT, why would you want to build boost and then dump it all on the cvt converter at once? Easy way to break a cvt....

dragonov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic
Country flag
what evidence would you like? The thousands of post that show up when you google is anti lag bad for my engine/turbo. Or the part that it makes you slower? Because if you are doing a roll race and you anti lag, you are actually cutting power to the engine in the name of spool, on a turbo that spools at the touch of throttle? Also very terrible for a CVT, why would you want to build boost and then dump it all on the cvt converter at once? Easy way to break a cvt....

So it would be useful for a larger custom turbo, but not for a little stock turbo.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So it would be useful for a larger custom turbo, but not for a little stock turbo.
Which yes is true, but I wouldn't be putting a large turbo on a CVT either. They just can't handle the power very well.