Hondata CVT Rolling Anti-Lag

Vtec_Nah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hondata has released a new software update which is good news for CVT owners because Rolling Anti-Lag Is included in the update.
Not sure if anyone else has uploaded the new calibration to their CVT but I have and it's a pretty cool feature.
Spoke to one of hondatas customer service reps (Great customer service) and he explained a little more about it and how we can adjust the target boost also, and of course recommended to just use what hondata has as default. Hopefully others are aware of this feature, especially since, us, as CVT owners have less features for our reliability.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata CVT Rolling Anti-Lag 8AEA92E4-13D1-4518-BBF5-1FB26DD05375
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
building boost and then dumping it onto your CVT all at once seems like a terrible idea. Thats the whole reason to have boost by gear is to ease into the power on the cvt and not spin the tires. but to each his own. hope people who use this aren't here in a few weeks with locked up tq converters or scored cvt belts.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
you can limit how much boost to build. If you keep it low. it SHOULD be good?

who knows. we will find out soon :p

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
you can limit how much boost to build. If you keep it low. it SHOULD be good?

who knows. we will find out soon :p
drops to L, mashes gas, instant boost at safe rpm, takes rolling anti lag cvt to gapplebees..... ahahahaha. ok im better now

OP
OP
Vtec_Nah

Vtec_Nah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
building boost and then dumping it onto your CVT all at once seems like a terrible idea. Thats the whole reason to have boost by gear is to ease into the power on the cvt and not spin the tires. but to each his own. hope people who use this aren't here in a few weeks with locked up tq converters or scored cvt belts.
Makes sense, but with all due respect, hondata (I'm sure) wouldn't release a feature that could potentially damage a car. There is also always a risk when tuning a car but I guess the only way to know is by either 1-people coming back and reporting issues/results or 2- @Hondata themselves giving their explanation as to why they decided to release this feature for the CVT

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They released it because some cvt owners asked for it. Its on the owner at that point what they do with it. I don't blame them for giving their users what they ask for at all.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
They released it because some cvt owners asked for it. Its on the owner at that point what they do with it. I don't blame them for giving their users what they ask for at all.
I asked Doug for better throttle response, and better part throttle turbo responsiveness and got nothing.

To me, those would be good driveability additions for the CVT. This release of the rolling anti_lag for the CVT seems odd coming from ultra conservative Hondata.

Last edited:

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
People asked for the anti-lag on the CVT, and we did it.

We've sorry but most of these things are not possible with the CARB FlashPro - anything to can affect emissions is not allowed.

Schmullis

First Name
Schmullis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
gtman, It's time for you to bite the bullet and get a KTUner V2. You won't be sorry with the Dual Tune!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
That's my plan but it will be down the road. I had some house repair issues come up that has me tapped out.

No doubt I made the wrong choice going with the CARB Flashpro. Even the RACE version can't compare to the V2 as far as easy user options and features. I definitely can't wait to upgrade to Ktuner.

Last edited:

Almostfast

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Sport Touring
Country flag
What the hell is rolling anti lag? And why would a cvt need it, being that it doesn't leave boost after it builds it?

richd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
Yup can someone explain Rolling anti lag? What does it do? I think maybe it’s not what I thought.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It destroys your baby turbo faster for no reason. It actually makes you slower because the turbo spools fast on its own and doesnt need anti lag.

Schmullis

First Name
Schmullis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
It destroys your baby turbo faster for no reason. It actually makes you slower because the turbo spools fast on its own and doesnt need anti lag.
What is the evidence to support this statement?
Sponsored