jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
@Hondata will you chime in please? If you don't have a full answer, will you share any information you know at this time?
The way I read it is at the very least going back to stock tune should yield the old known cvn, all things constant. That’s the only guaranteed way of having a known (to bar) cvn which will pass.
Sponsored

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
If i were you, I would return the ECU to fully stock before even trying to get it smogged. You don't want to get on their shortlist. If you fail the smog due to software change, they may hit you with needing to do smog every year. I've heard of this actually happening to Evo owners and others.
I actually read through the whole post and it seem like it started with the Evo 9 ECU (2005).I have a first Gen Evo 8 (2003). I'm going to back to the forum and ask any 2003 Evo owners if they got flagged.

racerguy180

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Acura Integra GS-R 2001 Acura Integra GS 2014 Acura MDX Advance
Country flag
"Seems like they have ignored industry input."

Wouldn't be the first time!.

I'm glad that there is no backdoor way for them to check the prior states of the ecu(after recalibration).

False positives are a total shitshow. Sending people to the BAR cuz carb can't figure their own shit out is fucking weak.

OP
OP
Kingamer

Kingamer

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ctr championship white, Aegean blue 18 civic ex sedan
Country flag
Ok that gives me a better understanding now @Hondata So most likely what everyone's best interest is when the eventual smog time comes just revert to 100% stock which should yield a pass if the cvn is reverted to oem.

OP
OP
Kingamer

Kingamer

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ctr championship white, Aegean blue 18 civic ex sedan
Country flag
At least the only things I need to return to stock are hpfp intake turbo inlet and remove the prl flex fuel which to do all only takes about an hour or so lol

kultofkek

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI, 2003 Honda CRV
Country flag
feels great to have a car in california with out of state plates. Never ever am going to pay your state's retarded sales tax ? especially when you drive around with a hood exit exhaust

Sleepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 CW
Country flag
feels great to have a car in california with out of state plates. Never ever am going to pay your state's retarded sales tax ? especially when you drive around with a hood exit exhaust
Unless you’re Military, they have been cracking down on people with out of state plates here in OC. Friend of mine had his car pulled over and the officer asked to see all his paperwork to verify he didn’t actually live in the state. May have been a one off situation, but his car isn’t exactly quiet either…

kultofkek

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Unless you’re Military, they have been cracking down on people with out of state plates here in OC. Friend of mine had his car pulled over and the officer asked to see all his paperwork to verify he didn’t actually live in the state. May have been a one off situation, but his car isn’t exactly quiet either…

of course im military. Who cares, just say you're visiting out of state if they try you with that "registering your car within 10 days" bullshit. He can ask, i can respectfully tell him to fuck off.

OC cops may be different from what i deal in SB county and places in riverside where they have RSO and STREET sheriffs (state ref central), but i've gotten away many times by telling them they're just wasting their time. They to try me with my tint, my exhaust, leaving my hood exposed, no front plate, zero jurisdiction. Just buy some shithole property in AZ and get registered and switch to an AZ license. Zero smog outside of Pheonix or Tucson and I'm not even from there

Sleepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 CW
Country flag
of course im military. Who cares, just say you're visiting out of state if they try you with that "registering your car within 10 days" bullshit. He can ask, i can respectfully tell him to fuck off.

OC cops may be different from what i deal in SB county and places in riverside where they have RSO and STREET sheriffs (state ref central), but i've gotten away many times by telling them they're just wasting their time. They to try me with my tint, my exhaust, leaving my hood exposed, no front plate, zero jurisdiction. Just buy some shithole property in AZ and get registered and switch to an AZ license. Zero smog outside of Pheonix or Tucson and I'm not even from there
Yeah when I was stationed in Vegas and came out here for the Eibach meet back in like 2012 the cops were hassling everyone that was waiting in line to roll in. Cop was trying to cite me even though I had Nevada plates. Even went as far as to question what squadron I was with and if I was telling the truth about my deployments.

kultofkek

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah when I was stationed in Vegas and came out here for the Eibach meet back in like 2012 the cops were hassling everyone that was waiting in line to roll in. Cop was trying to cite me even though I had Nevada plates. Even went as far as to question what squadron I was with and if I was telling the truth about my deployments.

this is why i have zero respect for california law enforcement, especially trying to question my career and integrity. Yet they buddy fucked everyone on green side. Of course they asked why i have a Hawaii DL and have montana plates and I tell them to not worried about it. That's my damn business. I swear they're an unprofessional organization

Deleted member 44294

Just read the executive order. Only covers type r thru 2019 model year.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Great so instead of an informative discussion on how this law affects tuned cars and what would pass (E.g. would the CARB approved version of Hondata pass?), this thread has dissolved into the typical facebook "commie"-fornia rants.

Can we please keep this on topic instead of spinning this out to political conversations?
Sponsored