KhairulSulong

First Name
Khairul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic FK7 - Manual
Country flag
I have a stock 2020 Civic 1.5T CVT, and I'm using the +6psi high octane base map. Is it okay for me to run it for a long time? Or do I need to have it tuned? I'm from Malaysia, so the weather mostly hot and humid. Thank you in advance.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Is your gas quality high? Do you monitor things like IATs, fuel trims and knock control?

The +6 is a very mild tune and should do well on quality high octane gas. As far as hot ambient temps consider an upgrade at intercooler or a high quality cold air intake.

Side note: Anyone who is tuned should add their car to my community tuning reliability thread:

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...ence-reliability-thread-for-all-models.42361/

OP
OP
KhairulSulong

KhairulSulong

First Name
Khairul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic FK7 - Manual
Country flag
Is your gas quality high? Do you monitor things like IATs, fuel trims and knock control?

The +6 is a very mild tune and should do well on quality high octane gas. As far as hot ambient temps consider an upgrade at intercooler or a high quality cold air intake.

Side note: Anyone who is tuned should add their car to my community tuning reliability thread:

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...ence-reliability-thread-for-all-models.42361/
Thanks for the fast reply. I'm using RON95 fuel. I do monitor them, but I don't really know what to look for. I have the datalog but I can't upload it here.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You just have to put it in a .zip file and someone will check it out. I do it as a courtesy for people who have added their cars to my thread.

As far as that fuel that's about the bare minimum you'd want on that tune. Plus even at the same octane, gas quality can vary station to station and brand to brand.
Sponsored