Hondata app on headunit constantly disconnecting / address limit

elmerzasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Hi,

I just got my FlashPro and I must say I am amazed by the multitude of tuning settings.

However I am not able to work out two issues:

1) Limit BT access - I have specified two BT MAC addresses in the FlashPro Manager (my PC's and the cars headunit's), but I can still connect to the FlashPro from my iPhone. Is there a trick a procedure make this access restriction feature work? I would really like not to have my FlashPro publicly accessible. Changing the PIN does not really make a difference in security since some connections don't even ask for PIN.

2) Connection dropping - my Hondata mobile app on the headunit connects every time without any problems but it keeps dropping the connection after a random period of time (couple of minutes). Is says "connection lost" and when that happens, it does not reconnect automatically, I have to back out to main screen and select the device from the list. I suspect this may be a headunit issue more than Hondata, but perhaps someone already experienced this and worked it out?

My setup is:
- 2017 euro FK8
- Hondahack 5.0.10
- Hondata Mobile app V1.5
- FlashPro manager V3.4.2
Sponsored

OP
OP

elmerzasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
2) Connection dropping - my Hondata mobile app on the headunit connects every time without any problems but it keeps dropping the connection after a random period of time (couple of minutes). Is says "connection lost" and when that happens, it does not reconnect automatically
FWIW - I figured out that this was caused by the Auto-Start Stop system (US cars don't have, I think). Turning off ASS solved the disconnection problem.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine worked fine until I got it trying to connect to my phone now the Hondata app. I deleted it and trying to reconnect so do I need to re- jail break?

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
Hi,

I just got my FlashPro and I must say I am amazed by the multitude of tuning settings.

However I am not able to work out two issues:

1) Limit BT access - I have specified two BT MAC addresses in the FlashPro Manager (my PC's and the cars headunit's), but I can still connect to the FlashPro from my iPhone. Is there a trick a procedure make this access restriction feature work? I would really like not to have my FlashPro publicly accessible. Changing the PIN does not really make a difference in security since some connections don't even ask for PIN.

2) Connection dropping - my Hondata mobile app on the headunit connects every time without any problems but it keeps dropping the connection after a random period of time (couple of minutes). Is says "connection lost" and when that happens, it does not reconnect automatically, I have to back out to main screen and select the device from the list. I suspect this may be a headunit issue more than Hondata, but perhaps someone already experienced this and worked it out?

My setup is:
- 2017 euro FK8
- Hondahack 5.0.10
- Hondata Mobile app V1.5
- FlashPro manager V3.4.2
You can’t use phone blue tooth and hondata app at same time. You must only have hondata bluetooth by itself and no other Bluetooth items programmed at all. I had same issue. The head unit can only handle one Bluetooth item at a time.

OP
OP

elmerzasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
You can’t use phone blue tooth and hondata app at same time. You must only have hondata bluetooth by itself and no other Bluetooth items programmed at all. I had same issue. The head unit can only handle one Bluetooth item at a time.
Maybe the EU headunit is different but I have no problem running 2 devices via BT at the same time (my phone and FlashPro).

The only problem I have is with the auto start-stop system - when the engine restarts, FlashPro drops the connection. The solution is to disable auto-start stop when using the Hondata app.
Sponsored