Hondata and CVT "Sport" mode?

JBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring (Red)
Went from a 2016 Civic Touring to a 2017 Civic SPORT Touring and I can't wait to get my hands on a FlashPro.

Without the FlashPro or any tune for that matter, "Sport" mode on the CVT keeps the RPMs higher so the turbo is more at the ready and power can be delivered faster. Shift back into "D" and the RPMs are a little calmer. And then there's the ECON mode.

That being said, I have a few questions maybe some of you with a FlashPro and CVT can answer.

I'm trying to figure out what I can expect in those three modes. From what I found, the FlashPro has an option to have the ECON button use the stock tune? Or does it use the stock ECON tune?

Will both D and S share the exact same FlashPro tune (+6 for example)? I think that's what people have been saying on here.

If they DO, then will S keep the RPM's higher than D like the stock tune without ECON mode enabled?

I ask because I REALLY like having the option to keep the RPM's higher in S ONLY when I want them to.

Also, shifting from Drive to Sport mode, changes the way the paddle shifters behave. Does this get affected at all with the Flash Pro?

Sorry for the long post and all the questions, I'm just a VERY curious guy with lots of questions. Kinda new to the CVT and tuning world. Only had my crotch rockets tuned.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JBird

JBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
::BUMP?:: Someone HAS to know what I'm talking about. lol

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ecu tuning has no effect on the shift logic of your transmission. your CVT will still determine where the RPMs sit but your engine will have much more potential than it once did.

kalvin126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I got an ST with FlashPro. Overall, you have to understand that the tune does not affect the functionality of the controls with the exception of the Econ mode button. The tune "basically" changes how the engine uses fuel and air to generate power (Some one could correct me on this). So the tune specifically regards the engine performance, not its behavior.

From what I found, the FlashPro has an option to have the ECON button use the stock tune? Or does it use the stock ECON tune?
  • It has the option to turn off and on the FlashPro tune. Econ Mode On = Stock Tune, Off = FlashPro Tune. Econ Mode is not a tune.

Will both D and S share the exact same FlashPro tune (+6 for example)? I think that's what people have been saying on here.
  • D and S share the exact same tune

If they DO, then will S keep the RPM's higher than D like the stock tune without ECON mode enabled?
  • S will behave the same, S keeps the RPMs higher
  • Side note, Stock tune with ECON mode still keeps RPMs high

Also, shifting from Drive to Sport mode, changes the way the paddle shifters behave. Does this get affected at all with the Flash Pro?
  • Paddle shifter behavior does not change at all

OP
OP
JBird

JBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got an ST with FlashPro. Overall, you have to understand that the tune does not affect the functionality of the controls with the exception of the Econ mode button. The tune "basically" changes how the engine uses fuel and air to generate power (Some one could correct me on this). So the tune specifically regards the engine performance, not its behavior.

From what I found, the FlashPro has an option to have the ECON button use the stock tune? Or does it use the stock ECON tune?
  • It has the option to turn off and on the FlashPro tune. Econ Mode On = Stock Tune, Off = FlashPro Tune. Econ Mode is not a tune.

• D and S share the exact same tune

• S will behave the same, S keeps the RPMs higher
  • Side note, Stock tune with ECON mode still keeps RPMs high

• Paddle shifter behavior does not change at all
EXACTLY what I was trying to understand! Thanks for the detailed explanation. Now I REALLY can't wait to get my FlashPro.
Sponsored