Hondata +9PSI Vs. Ktuner Stage 2 (21PSI)

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is incorrect. Hondata has written new code for the ECU's operation that did not previously exist with regards to boost lag and no lift shift.
Revised my previous post. :thumbsup:

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
This is incorrect. Hondata has written new code for the ECU's operation that did not previously exist with regards to boost lag and no lift shift.
Your statement is that KTuner can't/doesn't add custom code? That's a bold move Cotton. And you are incorrect good sir -- we had boost lag defeated in KTuner before Hondata released their update. NLS is a gimmick, lol.

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
What's contributing to the differences in the two tunes? I ask because the Hondata tune is making close to 10 more horses, doing so with a little over 10 ft/lbs less than the stage 2 tune from Ktuner. I can see that the torque curve with Ktuner's stage 2 seems to be better. With Hondata's tune, the torque seems to fall off a lot quicker, although at max power, the Hondata tune is still making about 15 ft/lbs more than stage 2 is.

This interests me, mainly because I'd love to be able to make some more power without increasing torque too much over 260 ft/lbs. I ordered a custom tune from Vit, and was hoping to be able to replicate the Hondata tune to some degree.

Additionally, I'm wondering about the differences between the tunes when it comes to turbo lag, as Hondata claims to have "eliminated" much of the turbo lag between gear shifts, while Ktuner also claims to have "reduced" turbo lag.
The turbo lag is gone on KTuner vehicles as well -- including settings to let you adjust it to suit your needs if you want and works on CVT cars as well.

Different dynos read different. Our baseline was just over 180whp on 92 octane fuel -- you see the same +35whp gain, but you also see +80wtq gained on the Stage 2 map. You need to look at the delta, not overall #'s. The goal is making an improvement ("gain"), not just power figures.

OP
OP
Pur3MotioN770

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
I
The turbo lag is gone on KTuner vehicles as well -- including settings to let you adjust it to suit your needs if you want and works on CVT cars as well.

Different dynos read different. Our baseline was just over 180whp on 92 octane fuel -- you see the same +35whp gain, but you also see +80wtq gained on the Stage 2 map. You need to look at the delta, not overall #'s. The goal is making an improvement ("gain"), not just power figures.
I appreciate your time and input. Finally got my Ktuner V2 logs working with the Macbook, and sent the base calibration log early this morning. Looking forward to tuning with you.

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT,2017 Sport Hatchback09 Fit
Vehicle Showcase
I never use the included tunes on either the Flash Pro or Ktuner.I always go custom with @VitViper,but for what it's worth the superior drivability of my Ktuner Boost by gear calibration compared to the My Flash Pro tune is hands down the winner.I have the CVT BTW.But then again I'm no"expert"
Sponsored