Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SGP Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
What's in the box. This is also on the web site.
l15-fuel-system-si-items-1440.jpg
Would buying this intake cam for the people that have the fuel system that utilizes the Accord 2.0t HPFP be beneficial?

cota

First Name
jaiden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
“P0087 Fuel Rail/System Pressure Too Low” code is triggered after a continuous pressure drop of 20 bar for a period of three seconds. The fuel rail pressure sensor is at the end of the fuel rail under the intake manifold. This indicates the high pressure pump is not getting enough volume or pressure from the low pressure pump. This code puts the car into a limp mode which limits the throttle to less than 10 %.

Fun Fact: I ran into P0087 back in August 2023 with full stock fuel system and it ended up being my hpfp bc I would do a lot of WOT driving. Only had about 48k miles at the time. At least now I a new oem hpfp and dw300 intank.

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would buying this intake cam for the people that have the fuel system that utilizes the Accord 2.0t HPFP be beneficial?
Probably. We'll get back to you on this next week. We have a new Accord DI fuel pump and plan to cut it in half, compare to the Civic Si DI pump and post the results here.

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think 29 PSI but will validate tomorrow.

As promised, the datalog from the 418 HP flex fuel run showing how the Hondata 1.5 fuel system
provides the fuel volume to maintain fuel pressure.
Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata 1.5 fuel system Hondata civic eric 418 hp fuel pressure

aznguy1992

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2018 Sedan
Country flag
How is this on a stock motor and stock transmission? I am pretty sure with that increase it will blow a stock rod/head gasket leak/transmission gears. Probably best get ppg gears and built engine before going this route?

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How is this on a stock motor and stock transmission? I am pretty sure with that increase it will blow a stock rod/head gasket leak/transmission gears. Probably best get ppg gears and built engine before going this route?

The Dyno sheet on the link says what engine mods are done. Rods, pistons, sleeves, etc

aznguy1992

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The Dyno sheet says what engine mods are done. Rods, pistons, sleeves, etc
I saw that. But in the comments on Youtube I saw someone saying you can run it on stock motor.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I saw that. But in the comments on Youtube I saw someone saying you can run it on stock motor.
You can run a big turbo with e30 on a stock motor. You're still on borrowed time though

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SGP Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
You can. If you have the turbo and fuel system to provide enough flow of air and fuel it will make that power. You just don't know if the L15B will last at that kind of power on stock internals.

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The L15B87 is a weak, mass production economy motor. The engines we tested are built. We recommend you build the motor.

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can, but this is a waste, as it can deliver far more fuel than the a stock motor can use. But if you plan to build the engine and upgrade the turbo, then it is a worthwhile upgrade.

aznguy1992

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The L15B87 is a weak, mass production economy motor. The engines we tested are built. We recommend you build the motor.
Thanks
You can. If you have the turbo and fuel system to provide enough flow of air and fuel it will make that power. You just don't know if the L15B will last at that kind of power on stock internals.
Yeah I just don’t see it running on stock long. Lol
Sponsored