Honda's focus gradually shifting to China

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Intersting. Honda is still far from the top selling brands but actually there are already many models designed specifically for China: Crider, URV and Avancier, XRV, Spirior, Gienia, Elysion and Acura CDX.
In the article seems Honda says the Chinese Civic is better built than the american one, and I believe it is true since I didn't have any of the problems i read in this forum.
I still can't find a logic reason why they decided to sell the Civic with manual transmission, nobody except me wants one in this country. Thanks to the managers who took this decision:nixon:

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lets hope it will cut down on the INSANE pollution levels over there.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lets hope it will cut down on the INSANE pollution levels over there.
it is not like that everywhere, and government is investing billions and billions in a huge effort to reduce pollution. Somebody else is just ignoring the problem instead...

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda's focus gradually shifting to China SRC_20170902_060550

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When you see those pics where you can't see down the street because of it, you hope they are doing something to stop it.

HayaiKuruma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatchback EX
Country flag
I'm surprised the Chinese didn't buy just one Honda and reverse engineer it and start making their own. They do that with everything else.

jks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RSX
Country flag
It truly sucks when you are no longer top dog in the consumer marketplace. Prior to the 2008 recession, the US bought more Japanese motorcycles than any place in the world and we had a wonderful selection and variety of machines to choose from that were specially made for the needs and wants of Americans. Once the recession hit, we no longer bought many motorcycles and the mantle passed to Europe and Asia. Americans have been begging for larger displacement dual sports for 10 years that the Japanese makers refuse to make because the rest of the world thinks 250cc is plenty big enough.

Another glaring example is Hollywood movies. A movie won't get made that won't play in China and the Chinese love action. The greatest movie of all time, according to the Chinese, is Fast and Furious 7. So we are seeing action movies with little plot but lots of explosions almost exclusively. It's hard to believe that there is a country where people are more tasteless than here in the US, but there it is.

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
the Japanese makers refuse to make because the rest of the world thinks 250cc is plenty big enough.

Another glaring example is Hollywood movies. A movie won't get made that won't play in China and the Chinese love action. The greatest movie of all time, according to the Chinese, is Fast and Furious 7. So we are seeing action movies with little plot but lots of explosions almost exclusively. It's hard to believe that there is a country where people are more tasteless than here in the US, but there it is.
Because it is considered an action movie first and foremost and not The Fast and the Furious brand like it is here.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm surprised the Chinese didn't buy just one Honda and reverse engineer it and start making their own. They do that with everything else.
Well, all Honda cars sold here are made in China, so that is is basically how they do, but they have the official approval

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic lx
I really envy China for building motorways that are nearly identical to the autobahn. I wish the USA would get its head out of its ass somehow, like if artificial intelligence were in control of the stock market and prevented gaming, rigging... or managing where taxes are spent to prevent corruption.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Most roads are new and incredibly smooth, much much better than any autobahn! It is a pity that speed limits are very low and cameras control you all the time, so there is no way to have fun.
Unfortunately drivers are not fully aware of how to use motorways so it is not uncommon to find slow cars or overloaded trucks doing 50 km/h on the left lane....

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic lx
Germanys still building autobahns to this day, newest is a71. They have some thing where they want anyone to be within like 20 minutes of a autobahn.

Thing I really envy about China is the vastness of its motorway network, like the ones out west in some remote mountains. I wish I could live there and just drive on them for a whole year.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Germanys still building autobahns to this day, newest is a71. They have some thing where they want anyone to be within like 20 minutes of a autobahn.

Thing I really envy about China is the vastness of its motorway network, like the ones out west in some remote mountains. I wish I could live there and just drive on them for a whole year.
yeah, I have been to Xinjiang, at the northwest border with Kazakistan where there is nothing, except for sheeps and the most beautiful motorways along the hills covered in green grass, between deep blue lakes at over 2000m of elevation. I will attach pictures tomorrow when i will be back from business trip because it was epic.
Sponsored