Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Been building my own trunk brace for the last weeks.Why ? Because I wanted as much trunk space as possible and not block the hole behind the seats with braces.And this is a lot cheaper for me since it only cost me the powder coating.
I started with inserting 4 M10 rivet nuts in the top holes ,and I enlarged the 4bottom holes to also accept M10 rivet nuts.
Started making a top bar and a bottom piece .Worked my way from there and connected the 2 with additional braces.

Welded as much as I could while mounted inside the trunk to reduce warping.
Still need to fully weld the backside and hopefully have very little warpage.
After that will do some testing to see/feel if the cars back is much firmer and get it powder coated black as last.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hondanickx Civic FC1 20230909_135033

Honda Civic 10th gen Hondanickx Civic FC1 20230909_131626

Honda Civic 10th gen Hondanickx Civic FC1 20230908_170834

Honda Civic 10th gen Hondanickx Civic FC1 20230824_191313

OP
OP
Hondanickx

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unfortunately after testing the brace i didn't noticed any difference.:(
I don't know if this is because i have coilovers and others who installed this only have lowering springs?Or did i had to make the brace like Ultra racing does and connect the brace to the center lower (high strength) beam.
Cant figure it out yet.I do know the lower center beam is a high strength material (590mpa) and all else in the trunk is 270mpa.Below the beam under the car sits the rear subframe where the camber arms connect.So maybe that center beam really needs the stiffening....??

Honda Civic 10th gen Hondanickx Civic FC1 003

Honda Civic 10th gen Hondanickx Civic FC1 Sedan.JPG

OP
OP
Hondanickx

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
what alternative can be used in this case ?
Connecting the angled pipes to the upper side of the lower center beam and see if that helps. If not then I remove it and focus on the rear subframe below the car.

Steeda21

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Country flag
Do you still like the ST X coilovers? Those are the ones that are only height adjustable correct?

OP
OP
Hondanickx

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you still like the ST X coilovers? Those are the ones that are only height adjustable correct?
Yeah ST X are only height adjustable.I like them a lot ,I haven't had the chance to really test them on track. But I think the front springs can be a bit stiffer.
But really for my use it's perfect I mostly do daily driving and some spirited driving around town.
The ST XTA coilovers have a stiffer front spring and camber adjustable top mounts.The ST X have the exact same springs as the KW V3 coilovers.

Steeda21

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Country flag
Yeah ST X are only height adjustable.I like them a lot ,I haven't had the chance to really test them on track. But I think the front springs can be a bit stiffer.
But really for my use it's perfect I mostly do daily driving and some spirited driving around town.
The ST XTA coilovers have a stiffer front spring and camber adjustable top mounts.The ST X have the exact same springs as the KW V3 coilovers.
Ok awesome. I have Eibach Sportlines but I find them too soft. I like the ST X because it’s my daily/spirited ride, wanted the set and forget. 🤙🏼
Sponsored