amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
HondaLink does not work. It worked for a few days when I first brought my Civic Si, than stopped updating after 300 miles. For a few months it just wouldn't work although it says it's connected. It suddenly updated on October 9th, and has been stuck ever since. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, re logging in, bashing my phone (well almost). Anybody know something I don't?

I have a Pixel 2 XL, Android auto installed and working. If I can't get it working I'm going to uninstall this piece of shit
Sponsored

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Tried it for a few minutes when I got the car -- wasn't impressed at all; uninstalled and never looked back. Doesn't feel all that useful even if it did work...

lucho707

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
It's really not that great piece software anyways. You're not losing out on much. I have a Note 9, and it sometimes connects ans sometimes doesn't. I would sweat it.

JCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I've had my car for 9ish months now? Yeah -- don't rely on hondalink. That app never works. Regardless of what phone you have. Regardless of what you try. You might get a little bit of success every once in a while where it somehow connects and actually provides accurate info through the app, otherwise, it's completely utterly useless. Even if it did update the info on phone, the app is still pretty damn useless. I can't say the same for cars that use a different version of hondalink though.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's useless when it does work,which isn't often . Two different civics, three different phones and 900 re-installs and it never works.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Hondalink is a lost cause. It never has and never will work. It doesn't start your car or do anything of actual use anyway so I just uninstalled it.

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
What was Honda link actually supposed to do when it worked? Couldn't get it to work initially and just never bothered after.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What was Honda link actually supposed to do when it worked? Couldn't get it to work initially and just never bothered after.
On the civic, it only shows you where you parked it, your range and how much oil life you have left. You could also schedule service through it.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
I've had my car for 9ish months now? Yeah -- don't rely on hondalink. That app never works. Regardless of what phone you have. Regardless of what you try. You might get a little bit of success every once in a while where it somehow connects and actually provides accurate info through the app, otherwise, it's completely utterly useless. Even if it did update the info on phone, the app is still pretty damn useless. I can't say the same for cars that use a different version of hondalink though.
It's useless because hondalink was designed for touring models of the Odyssey, accord, and insight. Honda software engineers decided to not leave out the other cars so they just decided to include oil change interval, mileage, etc. All the plain old stuff. Don't expect to remote start with the app. ;)

By the way, I never renewed the subscription for our 18' Odyssey elite. Utterly useless. Utterly. It was so slow, and the remote start took at least 5 min to connect with the car. Why use the app when you have the remote?
:coffee:

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
HondaLink always worked initially on my '17 Ridgeline, '17 Civic, and '18 Accord, but would always become intermittent before stopping altogether. It's an advertised feature that is badly broken and has been for years. AcuraLink in my '19 RDX isn't much better and a $110/yr. subscription is required for remote start since there's no remote start with the remote (unless you pay $600 for the dealer-installed remote start accessory and the remote is HUGE).

Honda/AcuraLink is a bad joke. I love Honda, but this "feature" is garbage. The OnStar app on my family's Chevrolets works perfectly.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
My HondaLink only gives me the parking location quite reliably. The range and odometer rarely update by itself. If I insist and have the app open on the phone on when connecting and disconnecting the USB cable, I always get it eventually to update, but this is not useful to have to fiddle with it. I haven't figured any sure procedure to update, but disconnecting the cable shortly after the car is off while looking at the app may help.
So it is capable of updating, but just has some stupid bug that they haven't cared enough to fix.

I have newer seen any messages from Honda on the car or phone HondaLink. It does show the local weather though.
I don't have any plans to delete it, because I don't see the point of doing that.

Civicguy1206

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-L Hatchback HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Hondalink works as it should on my 2018 hatchback. It's not some awe inspiring app, but it always connects and does what it's supposed to do. I don't have to pay a subscription for it, so I don't know what that's all about.

brienp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is what HondaLink does for me. Tells me my gas mileage range left and odometer. Oooo. Ground breaking. You’re not missing anything.
Honda Civic 10th gen HondaLink does not work 4B80FD97-8C94-4A0D-95EF-29291EB096FB
Honda Civic 10th gen HondaLink does not work 6BEDAF3B-D05D-4974-82A6-9AA704DBA10A

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
This is what HondaLink does for me. Tells me my gas mileage range left and odometer. Oooo. Ground breaking. You’re not missing anything.
4B80FD97-8C94-4A0D-95EF-29291EB096FB.png
6BEDAF3B-D05D-4974-82A6-9AA704DBA10A.png
Yes, I already knew the information it shows, I wouldn't mind being able to get a quick glance from my phone on how much oil life left, but not that important. I've already uninstalled this crappy app
Sponsored