Hondahack, anyone?

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
So, has anyone used hondahack? If so - basic or pro and what are your thoughts/reviews? I had the basic version on my '17 Si for a bit, but uninstalled it. Was going to try it on the CTR, but evidently it's good for unlimited install/uninstall on ONE vehicle, so I'd have to purchase it again (at a 40% discount) for the CTR... Just not sure I'd get much out of it.
Sponsored

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
It's just as slow with as it is without. But, you can map a button to free memory and you can add an indicator to the notification panel to show CPU usage. That alone makes the pro version worth it. Being able to ad google framework for adding the google store is nice, but not a huge boon to functionality as our headunits are based on Android 4.1.2 if memory serves.

Still - it's worth having the option and doesn't cost much. I can also verify the "hide from dealer" functionality works fine. It gives you a code for reinstall, then uninstalls itself. When you get the car back from the dealer you can just use the code on the hondahack website to reinstall.

Being able to watch videos while driving is nice for my kids in the backseat. I've got a USB stick with a bunch of their videos on it ripped from youtube. Having Spotify installed natively is a double edged sword. Nice to have the full version of the app, but the Android Auto and Car Play versions aren't exactly crippled.

For those of us who are tuned, it's nice to be able to run tunerview for ktuner or the hondata app on the head unit.

$0.02
Sponsored