Honda surveying bringing wireless carplay to older models

GGinMP

First Name
GG
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
Join the Xgen CarPlay Bug club! That’s exactly what happens to most of us. What’s works best is doing a master reset on the infotainment and then your phone should connect again.
I've done that, but if I'm driving it won't let me re-connect until it's "safe to operate), meaning car stopped and out of gear. That means pulling off of the freeway and stopping on the side of the road when on a road trip, which is a PITA. If it were one a year I could handle it, but it's more like twice a day!

I brought it into a dealership to have them reload the software, but it didn't help. I figured it wouldn't, but I wanted a record of the issue before I upgrade the stereo system with a new amp & speakers.

A couple times the disconnect seemed to happen when going over a bump, which is why I'm going to try the isolation pad. Another time I was just touching the screen, so I wondered about static electricity. Of course, that could just be a coincidence and it's just buggy software. Regardless, I hope that a wireless CarPlay will fix this issue.

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I've done that, but if I'm driving it won't let me re-connect until it's "safe to operate), meaning car stopped and out of gear. That means pulling off of the freeway and stopping on the side of the road when on a road trip, which is a PITA. If it were one a year I could handle it, but it's more like twice a day!

I brought it into a dealership to have them reload the software, but it didn't help. I figured it wouldn't, but I wanted a record of the issue before I upgrade the stereo system with a new amp & speakers.

A couple times the disconnect seemed to happen when going over a bump, which is why I'm going to try the isolation pad. Another time I was just touching the screen, so I wondered about static electricity. Of course, that could just be a coincidence and it's just buggy software. Regardless, I hope that a wireless CarPlay will fix this issue.
Same here! I normally have to disconnect my phone from the cable once and reconnect so it doesn’t automatically disconnected when taking hard turns or going over bumps. Let’s keep wishing and maybe we’ll get the wireless CarPlay update.

If you do get an aftermarket head unit let us know what you get and how much it costs with installation. My buddy upgraded his stereo on a 2017 hatchback sport and it cost about 1k but a shop did the work and made sure his steering wheel buttons continued working. 500 for the stereo with wireless CarPlay and 500 for the labor + parts. It’s pretty steep imo.

GGinMP

First Name
GG
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
Same here! I normally have to disconnect my phone from the cable once and reconnect so it doesn’t automatically disconnected when taking hard turns or going over bumps. Let’s keep wishing and maybe we’ll get the wireless CarPlay update.

If you do get an aftermarket head unit let us know what you get and how much it costs with installation. My buddy upgraded his stereo on a 2017 hatchback sport and it cost about 1k but a shop did the work and made sure his steering wheel buttons continued working. 500 for the stereo with wireless CarPlay and 500 for the labor + parts. It’s pretty steep imo.
The plan is to keep the OEM head unit and upgrade the amp & speakers, but it would be nice to have the HU work correctly!

Advertisement

Advertisement