GGinMP

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
Join the Xgen CarPlay Bug club! That’s exactly what happens to most of us. What’s works best is doing a master reset on the infotainment and then your phone should connect again.
I've done that, but if I'm driving it won't let me re-connect until it's "safe to operate), meaning car stopped and out of gear. That means pulling off of the freeway and stopping on the side of the road when on a road trip, which is a PITA. If it were one a year I could handle it, but it's more like twice a day!

I brought it into a dealership to have them reload the software, but it didn't help. I figured it wouldn't, but I wanted a record of the issue before I upgrade the stereo system with a new amp & speakers.

A couple times the disconnect seemed to happen when going over a bump, which is why I'm going to try the isolation pad. Another time I was just touching the screen, so I wondered about static electricity. Of course, that could just be a coincidence and it's just buggy software. Regardless, I hope that a wireless CarPlay will fix this issue.
Sponsored

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I've done that, but if I'm driving it won't let me re-connect until it's "safe to operate), meaning car stopped and out of gear. That means pulling off of the freeway and stopping on the side of the road when on a road trip, which is a PITA. If it were one a year I could handle it, but it's more like twice a day!

I brought it into a dealership to have them reload the software, but it didn't help. I figured it wouldn't, but I wanted a record of the issue before I upgrade the stereo system with a new amp & speakers.

A couple times the disconnect seemed to happen when going over a bump, which is why I'm going to try the isolation pad. Another time I was just touching the screen, so I wondered about static electricity. Of course, that could just be a coincidence and it's just buggy software. Regardless, I hope that a wireless CarPlay will fix this issue.
Same here! I normally have to disconnect my phone from the cable once and reconnect so it doesn’t automatically disconnected when taking hard turns or going over bumps. Let’s keep wishing and maybe we’ll get the wireless CarPlay update.

If you do get an aftermarket head unit let us know what you get and how much it costs with installation. My buddy upgraded his stereo on a 2017 hatchback sport and it cost about 1k but a shop did the work and made sure his steering wheel buttons continued working. 500 for the stereo with wireless CarPlay and 500 for the labor + parts. It’s pretty steep imo.

GGinMP

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
Same here! I normally have to disconnect my phone from the cable once and reconnect so it doesn’t automatically disconnected when taking hard turns or going over bumps. Let’s keep wishing and maybe we’ll get the wireless CarPlay update.

If you do get an aftermarket head unit let us know what you get and how much it costs with installation. My buddy upgraded his stereo on a 2017 hatchback sport and it cost about 1k but a shop did the work and made sure his steering wheel buttons continued working. 500 for the stereo with wireless CarPlay and 500 for the labor + parts. It’s pretty steep imo.
The plan is to keep the OEM head unit and upgrade the amp & speakers, but it would be nice to have the HU work correctly!

Venator

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
My brand new 2021 CTR has major problems with CarPlay, and I think it’s due to the connections. It keeps “loosing the phone” and the screen goes black. It works for radio And other sources, but won’t re-find an iPhone without a reboot. I bought a brand new Apple Lightning cord to ensure that wasn’t the problem, but it didn’t help. I just got a small isolation pad to put in the phone well to see if that prevents the disconnect (vs. an electronic issue).

I’d LOVE it if they updated the system to wireless.
Did you open a case with Honda? I ask because I am in the middle of a case with them now.

GGinMP

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
Did you open a case with Honda? I ask because I am in the middle of a case with them now.
I went to the dealer twice to have them work on it (with no improvement). It was mainly to document the problem so when I get a stereo upgrade (amp, speakers w/ existing HU) they can't say it's my fault.

Enigmom

First Name
Enigma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda si 2018
Country flag
its 05/18/2021 is there any update on the wireless apple carplay ? for a 2018 si or other 10gen?

SlowSicilian

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag

HappyTrails

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatch
Country flag
Does anyone have any experience wirh this one?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08P1GWQDB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

In case the link doesn't work, this is it;

CarlinKit 3.0 Wireless CarPlay Adapter USB for Factory Wired CarPlay Cars (Model Year: 2019 to 2020), Wireless CarPlay Dongle Convert Wired to Wireless CarPlay

Thanks and stay safe.
I just got https://cplay2air.com/ for $100 and it works. Shipping from China was a little slow. I have had it a few days now and once I had to reconnect the USB wire to get it to connect. Other times have been effortless wireless connections.

SlowSicilian

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
I just got https://cplay2air.com/ for $100 and it works. Shipping from China was a little slow. I have had it a few days now and once I had to reconnect the USB wire to get it to connect. Other times have been effortless wireless connections.
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly, Happy Trails.

I should receive the unit today or tomorrow according to Amazon. It was first due yesterday.

Much appreciated.

Take care and stay safe,

Jim
Sponsored