Honda Sensing

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Yes, this has happened to me on several occasions also. Very frightening.
If I thought Honda would care, I'd tell someone. I suspect they'll need a lawsuit or something before they care. I'm sure the dealer would just shrug, or maybe drive the car for a minute or two and report, correctly, "cannot duplicate".
Sponsored

Old Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
My wife drives a Subaru Outback with all of the latest driver assistance technology. I drive a 2016 Civic Touring. The package on the Subaru is smoother on braking, and recognizes when the car can accelerate faster. So, even though it's neat to have it, my wife's Subaru Outback does a better job of it. On the other hand, my wife's car beeps at the driver way too frequently. In this regards I like my Civic Touring much more because the darn car isn't always beeping at me. Honda needs to work on the software just a bit to make it a smoother transition on stopping and accelerating. Still, it is better to get your Honda with this technology than do without.

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Thanks for all your feedbacks.

I guess the conclusion is the current Honda Sensing helps but not perfect. It will take Honda and other car manufacturers a few more years to make a perfect system.

I, for one, will be happy to pay for a SI as well as Honda Sensing. Honda Sensing will be available one day for the manual transmission; just like the 2018 Accord. As for now, I will choose the SI.

PolishedLX

Banned
Where were fighter jets to stop vegas shooting?
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
"50/50 kid" but on the "right side" of coin flip!
Vehicle(s)
The car that made all others obsolete, "doh, self-explanatory"
Country flag

I guess the conclusion is the current Honda Sensing helps but not perfect. It will take Honda and other car manufacturers a few more years to make a perfect system.

I, for one, will be happy to pay for a SI as well as Honda Sensing. Honda Sensing will be available one day for the manual transmission; just like the 2018 Accord. As for now, I will choose the SI.
deleted ROFL

Last edited:
OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Listen, you seem to have so much faith in your fellow man to help you out so much that you have to nit pick about what Honda Sensing doesn't do for you. Well then continue your reliance on your fellow homosapien and leave us technozealots alone. ROFL.
Not sure what is your problem. We are here to learn and share our experiences and opinions.

If you do not like my posts, please simply ignore them. There is no need to judge or criticize.

PolishedLX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not sure what is your problem. We are here to learn and share our experiences and opinions.

If you do not like my posts, please simply ignore them. There is no need to judge or criticize.
LMFAO.

Edit: I was being tounge and cheek hence why /i said LOL at the end.

Last edited:

motoguy128

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
LSF has to be initiated above 25mph, but i believe it will follow a vehicle in front down to 0mph and back up again. I tried messing with it once and it was pretty jerky. Next time I'm forced to drive past Chicago I'll have plenty of opportunity to test it out.

The ACC and Lane Assist I find work pretty well. Only challenge with ACC is that if your closing rate to a slower vehicle is fairly high (it's going 65mph and you are going 75) it will slow you down fairly early.

I drive 90% highway on my commute and Lane Assist takes out a lot of the fatigue or having to make constant corrections. It does probably 75% of the steering for me with a little nudge now and then. It will veer off a little when there's a break in markings like at a cross road. It's hard to tell how much it does because the car already tracks so well and in probably the best car in a cross wind I've ever owned by a large margin. My lower and heavier BMW 325i with slower steering ratio wandered around a lot more in comparison. Although it had a fair amount of negative camber and maybe a little toe in stock.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
LSF has to be initiated above 25mph
You can set an ACC/LSF speed of 25 or above while at a dead stop. At least in our '16 Touring.

motoguy128

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
You can set an ACC/LSF speed of 25 or above while at a dead stop. At least in our '16 Touring.
I must have read it wrong. Fortunately no much traffic where in at. Thanks for the clarification.

PolishedLX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What about an LX with sniffling Sensing equipped goodness inscribed?

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What about an LX with sniffling Sensing equipped goodness inscribed?
Can't say. Never tested it. I know what works in ours. Easy to test. At a stop sign with Cruise Main on, and foot on brake, press Set. Ours sets an ACC speed of 25MPH and holds at the stop. You can also Res the speed to whatever above 25. A touch of the gas and off she goes.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag

ACC is definitely far from perfect. Very jerky, like a teenager trying to learn how to drive a manual. I've driven Buicks and Cadillacs and the ACC is very smooth and refined compared to Honda.

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
ACC is definitely far from perfect. Very jerky, like a teenager trying to learn how to drive a manual. I've driven Buicks and Cadillacs and the ACC is very smooth and refined compared to Honda.
Agreed. Like every new technology, it will take some time to make a perfect system.

I am now leaning towards the SI and probably wait for my next car for these driving assistance features. Again, thank you all for your feedbacks.

Eric29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
This is exactly my experience when using in traffic.

I have to say, for me at least, the low speed follow is the worst performing feature of the Sensing suite. If you are at speed, and the traffic ahead of you is stopping, Sensing will wait too long to apply the brakes. Then it will nearly slam the brakes on, causing the car behind you to panic break also.
Also, if the vehicle ahead of you is a lifted truck or semi-truck, then the sensors do not always detect the vehicle, causing you to suddenly accelerate into the truck. Terrifying to say the least.

I use ACC and LKAS everyday on my commute, but I disable ACC whenever traffic is slowed.

Eric29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
And as for my other experiences, LKAS will acquire the lane and then let me drift out of it without the usual steering correction, triggering the lane departure warning from another system. Or it will not see the lane markers until I turn it off and then back on.

I suspect that this is all in the software. I doubt they will offer a software upgrade on cars already purchased.

Overall, it is really disappointing.
Sponsored