Honda Sensing or Nav on Civic EX-L

klm57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord, 2015 Chevy Equinox
I'm about to purchase a new Civic EX-L with Navigation. I like the idea of built in navigation and not needing or putting the portable Garmin in and out of the front window. Is it worth it or would you go with the sensing. So far my deal offer is $1,757 off MSRP of $25,535.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

WhatTheFun

Knows some stuff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you have an iPhone or android phone you can always use that nav...

I think the sensing option is great personally. If I had to choose one or the other.

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If I had to choose one or the other, I would go with sensing. You can always use a standalone GPS or your phone either standalone or using android auto/apple car play. Though you are getting pretty close in price to a touring, which would give you both and then some. Maybe you can talk them into giving you 2k or more off a touring.

JBD319

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
If you really are opposed to stretching for the Touring, which was and would be my choice again, I would do Honda Sensing. It works extremely well especially in traffic, I love it. Android Auto or Apple Carplay makes it possible to have navigation on your touchscreen, and it doesn't use a ton of data.

Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Agreed, the sensing coupled with your phone will be much better than just NAV. I'd stretch for the touring though if I was in your shoes. You obviously want all of the features, you're just trying to save some money (nothing wrong with being a smart shopper).

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
If you rely on your phone for navigation and occasionally drive through cell service dead spots, make sure you download the maps to your phone.

cfochs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L, 2008 Honda CRV EX, and 2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Navigation is a waste of money, if you have a smart phone. Sensing is a no-brainer in my opinion.

timcole421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sensing Sedan
My understanding is that that gps locator in the phone takes over and it still works. I will say that I plan on taking my garmin with me still lol. I wish waze worked on this. Not enough apps available for AA or carplay. Somewhat disappointing.

benjaminh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX Orchid
As someone else said, you should consider the Touring imho.

But, if it's one or the other, I'd go with nav. Maybe it's just me, but have you ever forgotten your cell? Or maybe you forgot to plug it in before the drive? With built-in nav there are no worries in that situation. But I realize I'm in the minority.

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As someone else said, you should consider the Touring imho.

But, if it's one or the other, I'd go with nav. Maybe it's just me, but have you ever forgotten your cell? Or maybe you forgot to plug it in before the drive? With built-in nav there are no worries in that situation. But I realize I'm in the minority.
I agree, though that's why I still have my standalone Garmin. It's got life time maps and traffic. And with that deep well in the center, we have plenty of space to store it :)

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Your phone or cheap $<100 GPS can take the place of a built in Nav system. Nothing can take the place of the features you get with the sense package. Seems like a clear choice.

OP
OP

klm57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord, 2015 Chevy Equinox
Thanks for the input but I went with the Nav. I was already over budget with getting the L. I drive a lot and don't like taking the portable Garmin in and out of the windows. It easier to see and I like how it mutes the audio when giving instructions. Out the door 23,777.26 plus tax and doc fee.

PRak_CivX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXL
I'm about to purchase a new Civic EX-L with Navigation. I like the idea of built in navigation and not needing or putting the portable Garmin in and out of the front window. Is it worth it or would you go with the sensing. So far my deal offer is $1,757 off MSRP of $25,535.

Thanks in advance.
Neither. Use your smart phone for Google maps. Unless you like a dumb computer beeping at you incessantly and taking control of your car, then skip that also and put the money towards mods.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Kim, that's a good choice for you. Seems like you use navigation a lot. The 2016 Civic's system is great. Like it better that the system in my wifes 2016 HRV.
Sponsored