Honda Sensing on the 2020 CTR

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
my goodness, is this the very first analogy you've ever seen?
I fully understand analogies. I was pointing out that your example was minimizing the risks between to two activities. I get that some people don't care to be a better driver or safer. It just makes the road more dangerous for those that do. Funny to me that the engineer's are designing all these bells and whistles to help prevent accidents caused by distracted drivers rather than just installing a program in all the cellphones that says "you are moving more than 10mph and may no longer use your phone other than location/map services." Then watch the accidents go down!
Sponsored

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You're right.

And most of these self described "perfect" drivers on here are the worst out there. Useless debating with them.
I must have missed people describing themselves as a "perfect" driver. I cannot/would not make that claim for myself. I make driving errors most every time I drive. I am human and, therefore, perfectly imperfect. My point was the nannies were making people feel safer in their lack of attention to driving. In my opinion that is not a good thing.

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Funny to me that the engineer's are designing all these bells and whistles to help prevent accidents caused by distracted drivers rather than just installing a program in all the cellphones that says "you are moving more than 10mph and may no longer use your phone other than location/map services." Then watch the accidents go down!
Because the engineers know that it's a terrible idea to do that. How would the phone differentiate between a driver, a passenger, a person on public transit, a person in an Uber, etc?

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Because the engineers know that it's a terrible idea to do that. How would the phone differentiate between a driver, a passenger, a person on public transit, a person in an Uber, etc?
"Must...look...at...phone...always!" NHTSA reports "Distracted driving is dangerous, claiming 3,166 lives in 2017 alone." I remember a comedian talking about distracted people using their phones constantly. His punchline "HEY people the world is out here."

I'm just old and that must make me wrong. Carry-on. Good luck with driving and playing with the phone cause those nannies will save you.

I'm out...

Kkd79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I’m in the market for a CTR. Does it have blind spot monitoring and rear cross traffic alert when backing up? Thanks

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
I have been tracking various cars for over 25 years and my most recent dual purpose car is a 04 C5Z Corvette. On the track, all the nannies are off but on the street, I am perfectly happy to leave them on. Obviously the more modern nannies are both safer and also more intrusive but given that the majority of people are really not that good drivers, I am happy to let them have nannies until they can buy an autonomous car. I am also not that arrogant to think that I will ALWAYS be smarter than the computer. Given that you can turn the nannies off when you want to drive in a spirited manner, I am perfectly ok with the 2020 car not being quite so "pure" for an enthusiast. Also not interested in a car with no A.C.so willing to compromise there as well.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
I’m in the market for a CTR. Does it have blind spot monitoring and rear cross traffic alert when backing up? Thanks
I was wondering that too but as far as what is listed on the Honda site it does not come with these features. The rear cross traffic alert is nice when backing out of a spot at the mall when you’re surrounded by SUVs.

https://automobiles.honda.com/civic-type-r
Sponsored