Honda Road Hazard Tire & Wheel Coverage for the CTR

LongRun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Finally I purchased my tire and wheel warranty. Fidelity 5 year/Unlimited mileage $5000 cap for $300.
Are you talking about the policy described here? For $300 it is not bad, but I will point out that it does not cover curb rash, and has a $40 repair limit which, frankly, I do not understand the meaning of. If that means they will replace wheels that cost more than $40 to repair, great, but I'm afraid that is not what it means.

For $395 I'm getting what my car dealer is selling: the EFG Signature Finish® Tire and Wheel protection which includes coverage of cosmetic damage and has no cap. If people are interested I will see if the dealer will sell that coverage to people who have bought a car elsewhere.
Sponsored

mathewp

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW Civic Type R, Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
Are you talking about the policy described here? For $300 it is not bad, but I will point out that it does not cover curb rash, and has a $40 repair limit which, frankly, I do not understand the meaning of. If that means they will replace wheels that cost more than $40 to repair, great, but I'm afraid that is not what it means.

For $395 I'm getting what my car dealer is selling: the EFG Signature Finish® Tire and Wheel protection which includes coverage of cosmetic damage and has no cap. If people are interested I will see if the dealer will sell that coverage to people who have bought a car elsewhere.
Yes it is the Fidelity Deluxe. Here are the terms from the contract from the relevant section:

"WE will pay for or reimburse YOU for the repair, up to a maximum of $40. Unrepairable tires will be replaced with a comparable new tire, as determined by US. STANDARD has a per occurrence limit of $200 for each tire and $200 for each wheel, and DELUXE has no per occurrence limit. Coverage is limited to the original set of tires and wheels on the vehicle at the time of purchase and new replacement tires or wheels, and is not transferable to any other vehicle. Wheel coverage applies only when or if the wheel cannot be balanced, will not hold air, or the damage has affected the structural integrity of the wheel. The maximum lifetime benefit for the duration of the Service Contract is $1,200 for STANDARD and $5,000 for DELUXE."

So basically if tire is not repairable (sidewall damage etc.) or the wheel can't hold air then they will replace with new. If tire is repairable, then up to $40 per occurrence is covered.

TonyD

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rallye Red Type R
Country flag
Hey guys here's an update. I was also interested in the Fidelity Deluxe plan that was offered by several local dealers for $600 and no wiggle room. I found this thread and contacted Troy. Troy was very professional and sent me a copy of the contract right away. I sent him some paperwork and I paid by cc over the phone and in less 10 minutes of work I was all set for $300. Plan goes into effect today.

Many thanks to Troy and Mathew!

OP
OP

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
Ok, let me try to cancel mine to save some bux!!

mathewp

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey guys here's an update. I was also interested in the Fidelity Deluxe plan that was offered by several local dealers for $600 and no wiggle room. I found this thread and contacted Troy. Troy was very professional and sent me a copy of the contract right away. I sent him some paperwork and I paid by cc over the phone and in less 10 minutes of work I was all set for $300. Plan goes into effect today.

Many thanks to Troy and Mathew!
TonyD, Glad it worked out well. Yeah, Troy is a pro for sure and very customer friendly unlike dealership finance offices. Cheers.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
Why create a thread of something that is already covered in another? You even quoted the thread.

OP
OP

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
TonyD, Glad it worked out well. Yeah, Troy is a pro for sure and very customer friendly unlike dealership finance offices. Cheers.
I just canceled mine, so I'll be giving Tony a call soon. =) Thanks again!

TrueNinjalo

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2016 Civic EX
I bought the tire and wheel coverage for about $800. Before the isureance even had me in the system I hit a pot hole and needed a new wheel. They gave me a rental for three days and replaced the wheel and tire with no issues. Last week I hit a crack in the road that I didn’t see and it bent all 4 wheels. It has been at Honda for 5 days now while the coverage company inspects the damage. They gave me a rental but they still haven’t approved the replacement. I went ahead and bought new wheels and tires, with higher side walls. I hope they replace them but who knows.

2018ChampwhiteCTR

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic type r; 2014 Honda Pilot; 2001 Honda prelude
Country flag
Purchases the rim and tire package from Honda. Does anyone know what is uncluded? I’m at the dealership now and trying to make sure I don’t get ripped off. I believe they are patching the rear driver side. Less than 3k miles. Smfh.

2018ChampwhiteCTR

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic type r; 2014 Honda Pilot; 2001 Honda prelude
Country flag
Purchases the rim and tire package from Honda. Does anyone know what is uncluded? I’m at the dealership now and trying to make sure I don’t get ripped off. I believe they are patching the rear driver side. Less than 3k miles. Smfh.
Update: Was charged $8.

18CarEnthusiast18

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Finally I purchased my tire and wheel warranty. Fidelity 5 year/Unlimited mileage $5000 cap for $300. I had to do lot of research and finally found a volume dealer who sold me the package. I made sure that the model says "Civic R" and of course it has my VIN#. So I think I am good at this point in case of a road hazard accident. Where I drive some places we have to look for road among the potholes. Cheers.
Is there a cap per incident? Where do I purchase this warranty?

mathewp

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is there a cap per incident? Where do I purchase this warranty?
I had posted earlier but the contact info and per terms of Deluxe plan there is no occurrence limit. Hope that helps. Luckily I have not had to use it yet. I am at 5k miles and plan to get 255x35x20 after the factory tires wear out.

Troy Dietrich
Factory Discount Warranty
Toyota & Ford of Greenfield
Fathers & Sons Audi & Volkswagen
Tel. 413-772-0989

The terms are for Fidelity Deluxe plan

"WE will pay for or reimburse YOU for the repair, up to a maximum of $40. Unrepairable tires will be replaced with a comparable new tire, as determined by US. STANDARD has a per occurrence limit of $200 for each tire and $200 for each wheel, and DELUXE has no per occurrence limit. Coverage is limited to the original set of tires and wheels on the vehicle at the time of purchase and new replacement tires or wheels, and is not transferable to any other vehicle. Wheel coverage applies only when or if the wheel cannot be balanced, will not hold air, or the damage has affected the structural integrity of the wheel. The maximum lifetime benefit for the duration of the Service Contract is $1,200 for STANDARD and $5,000 for DELUXE."
Sponsored