Ssartini

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
This is a good deal, although quick question will this work for the SI guys as well ? I have friends that are looking to buy SI's and I shared the info to then.
Sponsored

Trey78

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda civic
Country flag
Hi All
Am new here.
From Dallas TX area
So please bear with me.
I have a 2015 Honda Civic Coupe with about 74000 miles. At time of purchase I bought the Delux Fidelity extended tire warranty from the Honda dealership.
Since purchase I've had three road hazards resulting in three 3 Tire Replacements of 3 original tires without any further cost to me, so I'm happy with the warranty. All work done at original dealer
The other day one of those three tires suffered a road hazard again and needed replacement. The tire got replaced, but the same dealer wanted 3/7 of the cost of a new tire 60 odd bucks due to pro rata. I told him I had FWS over phone, but he said it is Honda policy and replacement tires ie a tire once replaced is no longer covered. I refused to pay at time of pick up and showed him policy terms
"Coverage is limited to the original set of tires and wheels on the vehicle at the time of purchase and new
replacement tires or wheels.."
In addition there are no pro rata terms in policy, he caved in when I threatened to sue.
Is my interpretation correct?
Wish there was a Premium option back in 2015
Thanks all, great forum.

Last edited:

Sil98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type R, '08 Kia Sorento, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol Si, '90 Supercharged TA
Country flag
"Since purchase I've had three road hazards resulting in three 3 Tire Replacements of 3 original tires without any further cost to me, so I'm happy with the warranty. All work done at original dealer"

Good to know especially when a single Type R wheel costs ~$950 from a discount Honda parts dealer and a single tire is ~$300 from Tire Rack. I cancelled my overpriced dealer tire/wheel policy and switched to the Fidelity Premium policy.

I don't see how "Honda policy" has anything to do with a Fidelity claim. Two seperate companies.

VF1J-527

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Fiesta ST
Country flag
I had posted earlier but the contact info and per terms of Deluxe plan there is no occurrence limit. Hope that helps. Luckily I have not had to use it yet. I am at 5k miles and plan to get 255x35x20 after the factory tires wear out.

Troy Dietrich
Factory Discount Warranty
Toyota & Ford of Greenfield
Fathers & Sons Audi & Volkswagen
Tel. 413-772-0989

The terms are for Fidelity Deluxe plan

"WE will pay for or reimburse YOU for the repair, up to a maximum of $40. Unrepairable tires will be replaced with a comparable new tire, as determined by US. STANDARD has a per occurrence limit of $200 for each tire and $200 for each wheel, and DELUXE has no per occurrence limit. Coverage is limited to the original set of tires and wheels on the vehicle at the time of purchase and new replacement tires or wheels, and is not transferable to any other vehicle. Wheel coverage applies only when or if the wheel cannot be balanced, will not hold air, or the damage has affected the structural integrity of the wheel. The maximum lifetime benefit for the duration of the Service Contract is $1,200 for STANDARD and $5,000 for DELUXE."

Worked with Troy last month and went with the Fidelity Premium Plan for 6yrs at $558. Transaction was short and sweet. Received the insurance paperwork a few business days after charging my card over the phone.

Last edited:

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
This was the only thing I added in the finance office. I paid $599 for a 60 month plan that maxes out at $5000 or $1500 per occurrence. Seemed like a no brainer since I intend to keep the factory wheels for street driving and a separate set for autocross.
Sponsored