Honda Road Hazard Tire & Wheel Coverage for the CTR

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
Hello,

Has everyone bought this? How much did everyone pay for the people that doesn't mind sharing? It seems like a no brainer, but just curious. My dealer oddly didn't offer this, so I saw a person on facebook group post that did. I was quoted $595. I'll probably go with this deal. I was told it's usually about $795.
Then, I came across this thread and a few others that seem a lot lower.; http://www.civicx.com/threads/road-hazard-hondacare-program-ctr.12593/

Given, I'm buying it from another dealer and it's still better than paying out of pocket for your wheel/tires.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

kaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black FK8 | 2017 Sonic Grey FK7
Country flag
definitely must have for these wheels. i have 650 miles on my car and went over a pothole at 25mph and the tire side wall cracked.... getting the tire replaced this saturday

i drive like im going through a mine field (very carefully) and this still happened, can't imagine after the winter months here in the northeast. you're in cali so maybe that will be safer?

i paid $725 for mine, but then again, isn't it all relative? 15k ADM but dealer throws the protection in for "free"?

OP
OP

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Can you just take the wheel in? I rather not leave my car overnight at a shop or leave it at any shop for that matter. If it happens, i rather tow the car home or drive it home(using the tire repair kit), take the wheel off, and take the wheel/tire in for repair.
It's all relative, but I just wanted to see what everyone's paying that did pay for it or offered w/ the car.

mathewp

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW Civic Type R, Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
One has to look at the policies in little bit more detail. What is the per incident cap on tire and wheel. Does it include cosmetic damage repair like curb damage. What is the lifetime max. Prices seem to be all over the place. I have never purchased extended warranties before as these products have some of the highest profit margins of any product sold in US LOL. But for this car I think tire and wheel is a must especially where I live as roads have so many pot holes in spring after winter snow.

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
$995 for mine, but also included dent/ding removal and key fob replacement.

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didn't do it. Part of me wishes I had, but I'm also considering different wheels in a few years anyways.

Infinity000

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2004 CR-V
Country flag
I don't remember how much I paid, but what sold me was the dealer telling me that if this tire gets a hole in it at all, it's done, you can't patch it (at least to still be safe). Since the warranty covers road hazard on the tires I picked it up.

secretaznman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ CRV & 17’ CTR #3284
Country flag
I paid around $600. Only covers up to $2,500 though.

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Porsche GT4, 20 Civic Si, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Country flag
I paid around $600. Only covers up to $2,500 though.

I got what they call a 3/1 warranty for 5 years.
Windshield, dings, tires and wheels for $661.80 w/tax, no deductible.
No limit listed for wheel/tire replacement.
Wheel repair max $150 per occurrence $600 for the service term.
Also includes Roadside services for 5 years.

Last edited:

OP
OP

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
hmm. From what i'm seeing so far, my $595 is a pretty good deal. I ONLY want the wheel/tire. I don't want anything else or got anything else. I declined the extended warranty from the dealer I bought the car.
As a reminder, this is from a separate dealer.

This is what my price covers or described to me;

- 5 year unlimited miles. $0 deductible.
- covers any tires or wheels you put on the car as long as the tire size is no bigger or smaller than 2 sizes from factory (size as in 245/255/265, not 20"/19"/18").
- pays up to $40/occurrence for repair in case of just a nail/leak in the tire that needs to be patched. If tire can't be patched(sidewall cut, tire blown out..etc) or the wheel is bent causing it to not hold air, this warranty pays for a new wheel/tire as needed up to $5k max
- plan does NOT cover wheel scrapes or curbing. Only if you bend or crack the wheel. So if you jump a curb, hit a pot hole, roll over debris and you blow out your tire, this is covered.
- plan is good anywhere. For example; if you just bust a tire, you can go to Discount Tire store for the repair or replacement.
- If any place refuses to accept the plan, simply pay the bill and email or fax it into Fidelity and they will fully reimburse you.

Last edited:

mathewp

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
BTW are all of you buying this warranty have a specific conversation that this is not a regular civic etc. Or is it the case that once the warranty is issued based on VIN# we are all set. I am assuming VIN# is used by the warranty services using some kind of database match to model and not rely on what the dealer selling the package is entering as most of them must just be entering Honda civic. I am concerned that once we buy this, warranty claim can be denied that the model information is wrongly provided. Any thoughts?

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
BTW are all of you buying this warranty have a specific conversation that this is not a regular civic etc. Or is it the case that once the warranty is issued based on VIN# we are all set. I am assuming VIN# is used by the warranty services using some kind of database match to model and not rely on what the dealer selling the package is entering as most of them must just be entering Honda civic. I am concerned that once we buy this, warranty claim can be denied that the model information is wrongly provided. Any thoughts?
The papers that I have has the vin number and vehicle purchase price on it.

mathewp

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The purchase price would make sense for the extended warranty. Does your tire and wheel warranty also has the purchase price and does it have the model name listed as Civic Type R? Thx.

OP
OP

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I jus filled out the paperwork and mine has my vin# as well. I asked if I can just take my wheel/tire in for repair if something does happen since I don't trust anyone and wouldn't want my r left at the shop waiting for a new wheel or tire to come in. I was told I'd have to bring my car in to verify my vin# for them to approve the warranty. So theoretically, I can't bring a r wheel in every month for a free wheel. I really hope nothing happens as it'll be hard for me to swallow leaving my car at the shop.
From experience, dealers/shop can very well deny your service regardless. That's y I'll never buy any extended warranty again. I did one time and I learned my lesson. I forgot what it was, it was over 10 years ago, but i brought my car in and they wouldn't even give me time of day. Wouldn't even look at my car and denied me service. Given this was a miata, but still.
Sponsored