Honda reveals electric Civic at Frankfurt

PolishedLX

Banned
Where were fighter jets to stop vegas shooting?
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
"50/50 kid" but on the "right side" of coin flip!
Vehicle(s)
The car that made all others obsolete, "doh, self-explanatory"
Country flag
If the youth decides the truth, the truth is they will never buy it.

Edit: i was just kidding but not kidnapping ROFL, it looks ok.

Last edited:

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
TF is this digital aquarium lookin ass dashboard lowered Golf wannabe

Bruh I'm a millennial just give me my #PSL and #avocadotoast

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
If the youth decides the truth, the truth is they will never buy it.
I think you're not far off. The people who talk about a major shift to ride-sharing and self-driving cars sound less and less crazy as the months go by.

PolishedLX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think you're not far off. The people who talk about a major shift to ride-sharing and self-driving cars sound less and less crazy as the months go by.
The youth drive POSs but they love this Civic.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My first reaction to this car was... this is why american automakers can pull off the retro vibe... and japanese makers cant... but the more i see it the more i kind of like it... not for the civic... but as a small niche vehicle? Sure. It's cute like the VW Beetle, it's niche like the Hyundai Veloster, it's retro like the upcoming VW Bus. Give it a decent electric powertrain and some engaging road manners and it could be a fun little car. Only issue is who has the $$$ for a tiny niche electric car like this? Maybe when the tech gets cheaper. It'll probably do ok in europe and japan, but in the states? maybe not so much.

PolishedLX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

PolishedLX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The first car i thought of seeing the concept was the old Honda CVCC. My local dealership had a yellow one in the show room for a long time. You can definitely see the resemblance in the side profile, shape of the side/back windows including the round headlights and all black grill/headlight area.
Honda Civic 10th gen Honda reveals electric Civic at Frankfurt Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 8.28.51 AM

OP
OP
SonicHB

SonicHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nismo 350Z, Element SC
Country flag
I think the Honda designers should have put raised areas in the grille over the headlights instead of having the hood line level across. That would help it look more Civic, and less Golf.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
I remember the old CVCC being praised for being able to reach emissions standards without requiring a catalytic convertor. Sure, this was in the early days of exhaust emissions controls, and government standards weren't yet as tight as they are today, but early convertors were quite inefficient and power-robbing (some doomsayers were expecting the death of the sports car). The stratified-charge CVCC engine burned cleaner than any other car engine at that time.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Now honda is set to reveal an EV Sports coupe based on the same platform as the EV City Car at this years Tokyo Motor Show. Apparently, honda has plans to produce the EV City car by the year 2019... no word on whether the sports coupe will make it to production... but i think (if they do it right) could be a great replacement for the now discontinued CRZ. Even if they don't carry over the electric powertrain from the concept car, they could use the platform and design mated to a turbo or hybrid setup.

So far there is one teaser image, and IMO it's gonna look good. Sleek and retro cool.
Honda Civic 10th gen Honda reveals electric Civic at Frankfurt Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 3.29.57 PM

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I remember the old CVCC being praised for being able to reach emissions standards without requiring a catalytic convertor. Sure, this was in the early days of exhaust emissions controls, and government standards weren't yet as tight as they are today, but early convertors were quite inefficient and power-robbing (some doomsayers were expecting the death of the sports car). The stratified-charge CVCC engine burned cleaner than any other car engine at that time.
Have you ever looked back at the change in power numbers from 71-72 to 73 when the emissions standards kicked in? HOLY HELL the power went to shit. I remember reading that a big block 454 produced less power than most modern 4 cylinders.

OP
OP
SonicHB

SonicHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nismo 350Z, Element SC
Country flag
Have you ever looked back at the change in power numbers from 71-72 to 73 when the emissions standards kicked in? HOLY HELL the power went to shit. I remember reading that a big block 454 produced less power than most modern 4 cylinders.
In 1979 I bought a new Camaro with a 350 cu. in. V8 which had 175 HP, one more HP than my 2017 Civic HB. lol
Sponsored