Honda Reveals 2017 Civic Si Coupe and Sedan (205 HP / 192 LB-FT)

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
...and the New Mazdaspeed
Is there any reliable info on when that might happen? All I've been finding online for the past couple years was that there were some vague plans to possibly maybe make one in some indeterminate future, but never any actual plans...
Sponsored

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
Wait what, a stock EX-T makes 200HP? Seen a few dyno graphs around here that even with a tune+intake, throws it around 200-210HP.
No doubt that the EX-T makes 200hp. When you compare dynos from the 8th SI vs the EX-T both have a similar top end output.

But careful with the WHP ratings. For example VitDyno list the stock EX-T as 180whp but also says that the stock 8th SI is 180WHP stock. On my experience that is known as a high reading dyno. 180whp is too high for a stock 8th SI.

Why aren't they in the same class? Just because they make more power and are faster?
Hahahahahahaha. Best comment in the thread.

Last edited:

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Clearly you don't live in a cold area and have to make short trips when the car is cold-soaked.
Honestly I would have traded my heated seats for OEM LED headlamps if that was an option for my EX-T. But there has been a few rare occasions that even in so-cal, I had to use the heated seats. (leave at 5 am when its 45 degrees outside, can't imagine in colder climate.)

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Yeah, but it'll be $30,000

dawsonj87

First Name
Dawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe, 2001 Honda CB250
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly I would have traded my heated seats for OEM LED headlamps if that was an option for my EX-T. But there has been a few rare occasions that even in so-cal, I had to use the heated seats. (leave at 5 am when its 45 degrees outside, can't imagine in colder climate.)
Oh, man, 45 degrees is warm where I go to school ;)

PirelliPZero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EJ6, CBR
There seems to be much deflecting of the fact the Si has taken a backseat in not only power output, but also in terms of overall performance and value, when compared to rivals in its segment.
Please inform us of the overall performance of this unreleased Si. Forget deflecting... how about people drawing final conclusions about an automobile that doesn't even exist on the road yet?

Kind of nuts what many so-called car enthusiasts are doing here. Talking about horsepower as power, but not talking about torque, which is also power. Completely ignoring power to weight ratio - and weight in general. Talking about acceleration numbers without knowing the Si's specific gearing. Discussing how the EX-T is measuring higher than its paper specs, but not considering that the Si will do the same. Talking about how "easily" you can bump the horsepower of the EX-T to Si numbers, but not considering that you can precisely as easily bump the horsepower of the Si. Talking about the value of a car you don't know the price of - and comparing it to the discounted MSRP and used prices of other cars. And apparently failing to find any value whatsoever in the LSD and bigger brakes and stiffer unibody and Si-specific tuning of the steering and shocks and springs and sway bars and suspension arms and bushings.

Nope, to some of you it's just an "EX-T with a flash." Because apparently only one paper spec matters, and with it so many of you are able to draw full and final conclusions about an automobile. It's totally absurd. Particularly for those of us Honda enthusiasts who grew up having our small-displacement rides laughed at as "riceburners" by those number-driven so-called car guys. But we knew the joke was on them, the poor folks who were stuck on numbers and image and didn't know what they were actually missing.

Cars are about the driving experience. The personal, tactile pleasure of owning and operating the machine. Anyone drawing any sort of conclusion about the Si right now is no automobile enthusiast.

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Wait what, a stock EX-T makes 200HP? Seen a few dyno graphs around here that even with a tune+intake, throws it around 200-210HP.
With 91 octane it makes around 197 hp or so, from what we've tested. Those are flywheel horsepower estimates based on many dyno runs. Keep in mind you can't easily translate dyno #s to real flywheel hp #s unless you're very familiar with the particular dyno you are using. In general dyno wheel horesepower #s will vary a lot depending on the dyno manufacturer and dyno operator's specific setup. The important thing is to compare the before and after #s of on the same dyno for any particular modification you've done.

AP2SLOW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Daily). 2006 NFR S2000 (Weekend Racer). 1992 Integra (SOLD). 2005 RSX Type-S (SOLD). 2002 Civic (SOLD)
Please inform us of the overall performance of this unreleased Si. Forget deflecting... how about people drawing final conclusions about an automobile that doesn't even exist on the road yet?

Kind of nuts what many so-called car enthusiasts are doing here. Talking about horsepower as power, but not talking about torque, which is also power. Completely ignoring power to weight ratio - and weight in general. Talking about acceleration numbers without knowing the Si's specific gearing. Discussing how the EX-T is measuring higher than its paper specs, but not considering that the Si will do the same. Talking about how "easily" you can bump the horsepower of the EX-T to Si numbers, but not considering that you can precisely as easily bump the horsepower of the Si. Talking about the value of a car you don't know the price of - and comparing it to the discounted MSRP and used prices of other cars. And apparently failing to find any value whatsoever in the LSD and bigger brakes and stiffer unibody and Si-specific tuning of the steering and shocks and springs and sway bars and suspension arms and bushings.

Nope, to some of you it's just an "EX-T with a flash." Because apparently only one paper spec matters, and with it so many of you are able to draw full and final conclusions about an automobile. It's totally absurd. Particularly for those of us Honda enthusiasts who grew up having our small-displacement rides laughed at as "riceburners" by those number-driven so-called car guys. But we knew the joke was on them, the poor folks who were stuck on numbers and image and didn't know what they were actually missing.

Cars are about the driving experience. The personal, tactile pleasure of owning and operating the machine. Anyone drawing any sort of conclusion about the Si right now is no automobile enthusiast.
Thank you!!:goodpost::agree:

LoveToDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT, 2015 Si (RIP)
People talk about how spineless Honda is for offering this Si, but I think it's the opposite. They actually have guts to stand their ground in offering a unique package of a car that can enhance the overall driving experience, rather than chasing numbers like every other manufacturer (and raising the price in return). It's not like they didn't know the backlash they would get. They followed their conviction anyways on what fun driving means to many of us. Focusing on what they could offer within a certain budget to prevent being just like everybody else is not easy. Si fills the void nicely for some who don't want to spend a lot of money on a car. I give Honda credit for that.