Honda Reveals 2017 Civic Si Coupe and Sedan (205 HP / 192 LB-FT)

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
How will the hyperflashing turn signal be dealt with since the LED headlights also have LED turn signals?
There is another connector that has the resistor that plugs in line to the harness so no factory wiring has to be cut.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I think searching actual dealer's inventory is probably the most accurate info. You can do it off of honda.com's "dealers" page. You see the actual status (or at least I hope it's "actual") -- things like "in transit", etc.
I concur. Was on the Honda page and saw one black in transit. Checked the actual dealer and I now see it listed on their lot. Definitely not getting black but I hope they will let me test drive that one.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
In the TFL video, the Autoguide.com guy mentions that the Coupe and Sedan have different grades of steel put into it. Can anyone confirm this and enlighten me on the differences?

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
In the TFL video, the Autoguide.com guy mentions that the Coupe and Sedan have different grades of steel put into it. Can anyone confirm this and enlighten me on the differences?
I caught that as well. I did notice a while back that the NHTSA frontal crash rating was lower for the coupe than the sedan. One would probably find some clues by comparing Honda press releases for the sedan and coupe, the technical reports from the NHTSA website for each, and Honda body repair information for each model. That's a LOT of reading, though.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
The Si will use two-chamber units, representing settings for Normal and Sport.

The description of the Si dampers shows how far less complex they are than the MR dampers. No independent control of each individual wheel, no proprietary damper fluid and electromagnetic fields, no hundreds of steps of range constantly and instantly adapting.

Si dampers:
In normal driving mode, damping fluid in all four dampers flows through valving at a relatively high volume, offering less resistance and more compliance over bumps.

When the driver pushes the SPORT button, a solenoid in each damper receives a signal to alter the valving to a more constricting position, making the damper firmer on both the compression and rebound strokes.

Naturally they'll be more expensive than basic dampers to replace, but nowhere close to the MDX/MR damper cost.
Continuing our discussion from last month...

Beginning at 17:25 in this video, Rob Keough explains, "...the system is a solenoid-controlled proportioning valve system... It's continuously adaptive based on dynamic inputs into the suspension... When you activate sport mode you preset the minimum damping force, but you still have full-range adapative [control] from that point throughout the dynamic range of the damper system."

This explanation implies that the solenoid doesn't simply remain on based on the activation of the SPORT mode, but rather it varies its duty cycle for a range of control in response to various inputs that may include vehicle speed, steering angle, acceleration, braking, suspension travel, SPORT mode selection, etc.

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Reveals 2017 Civic Si Coupe and Sedan (205 HP / 192 LB-FT) Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 10.15.26

Last edited:

sfedai0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 civic
Country flag
What do you guys think of the coupe tailights at night? Does the section between the two sides light up? I think its a bit too much.....

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
What do you guys think of the coupe tailights at night? Does the section between the two sides light up? I think its a bit too much.....
It's pretty cool in person. Instantly recognizable as the coupe.

exyia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SportTouring Hatch, 2010 EvoX SE
Country flag
Continuing our discussion from last month...

Beginning at 17:25 in this video, Rob Keough explains, "...the system is a solenoid-controlled proportioning valve system... It's continuously adaptive based on dynamic inputs into the suspension... When you activate sport mode you preset the minimum damping force, but you still have full-range adapative [control] from that point throughout the dynamic range of the damper system."

This explanation implies that the solenoid doesn't simply remain on based on the activation of the SPORT mode, but rather it varies its duty cycle for a range of control in response to various inputs that may include vehicle speed, steering angle, acceleration, braking, suspension travel, SPORT mode selection, etc.

Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 10.15.26.png
stumbled upon this and I'm a little intrigued on more about this system - it either has potential to be good, or crap

Can anybody determine who the OEM is for the shock? Either owners or dealership people? Is it a Bilstein system? Similar (not exact, but similar) was on old Corvettes...and it was not good

The concept of it has merit - if it's done properly and if it was done for performance rather than comfort.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI, 2008 Mitsubishi Evo X. 1966 Plymouth Barracuda
Country flag
stumbled upon this and I'm a little intrigued on more about this system - it either has potential to be good, or crap

Can anybody determine who the OEM is for the shock? Either owners or dealership people? Is it a Bilstein system? Similar (not exact, but similar) was on old Corvettes...and it was not good

The concept of it has merit - if it's done properly and if it was done for performance rather than comfort.

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the system used is the ZF cdc system here: https://www.zf.com/corporate/en_de/products/product_range/cars/cars_cdc.shtml

There is a download to the brochure with goes over the system in more detail here: https://www.zf.com/global/media/pro...ppelseiten_daempfungsmodule_engl_20110823.pdf

exyia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SportTouring Hatch, 2010 EvoX SE
Country flag
Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the system used is the ZF cdc system here: https://www.zf.com/corporate/en_de/products/product_range/cars/cars_cdc.shtml

There is a download to the brochure with goes over the system in more detail here: https://www.zf.com/global/media/pro...ppelseiten_daempfungsmodule_engl_20110823.pdf
Nice find.

Not sure how I feel about this. I'm disappointed they didn't go into this more, but probably because the media is not that technically savvy

Given the direction they took with the rest of the car (more refinement/comfort), I'm inclined it's more oriented towards comfort than performance - and might be a headache to change out for higher performance shocks if it's tied to the ECU

ZF hasn't produced that many high performance shocks that I'm aware of. Their BRZ monotube was pretty so-so from my trusted partners opinions