Honda plus insurance (exterior paint protection plan)

MangPoldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Lx with sensing
Has anyone purchased the honda plus insurance here in Canada? I was wondering since winter time here gets worst at times, light to major scratches from here and there are inevitable.

Honda is offering exterior paint protection plan for max of 10 years and renewable at 5. How does one claim for that? I've read that owners must file the claim within 30 days upon knowing any damages. Question is how frequent are owners allowed to claim in a year or during the coverage?
Sponsored

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Paint protection is usually sold by dealers, through third-party - not through Honda.
Honda plus is an extension of factory warranty, and wouldn't cover paint damage anyway.

Did you actually buy it already? If your dealer told you it was through Honda they lied to you.

sunnysunday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ex-t 2016
Country flag
I actually got this. I'm in California, and the coverage is through Allstate.

I really don't have any details on how to use it, however, when I go in for an oil change very soon I'll find out when I try to get a scratch on my hood taken care of. I'm also wondering what they will say seeing as the scratch is in the valley of a dent

OP
OP
MangPoldo

MangPoldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Paint protection is usually sold by dealers, through third-party - not through Honda.
Honda plus is an extension of factory warranty, and wouldn't cover paint damage anyway.

Did you actually buy it already? If your dealer told you it was through Honda they lied to you.
I already bought the honda plus which includes the exterior paint protection. I found some minor scratches on my baby and as I was browsing thru my files I noticed that it includes this plan. I have contacted the person incharge from my dealership and hopefully will get some clarifications too.

I was just wondering that maybe someone here has already claimed or have any experience with this.

OP
OP
MangPoldo

MangPoldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I actually got this. I'm in California, and the coverage is through Allstate.

I really don't have any details on how to use it, however, when I go in for an oil change very soon I'll find out when I try to get a scratch on my hood taken care of. I'm also wondering what they will say seeing as the scratch is in the valley of a dent
Thanks man. Let us know. Goodluck.:drive:

saminder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Has anyone purchased the honda plus insurance here in Canada? I was wondering since winter time here gets worst at times, light to major scratches from here and there are inevitable.

Honda is offering exterior paint protection plan for max of 10 years and renewable at 5. How does one claim for that? I've read that owners must file the claim within 30 days upon knowing any damages. Question is how frequent are owners allowed to claim in a year or during the coverage?
For exterior paint protection, there must be paperwork stating its details. Check the paperwork for the exterior paint protection terms and conditions and read them carefully.
Sponsored