Honda Plus extented warranty (Canada)

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer the owner of a crappy 2016 Honda Civic EXT. First and last Honda for me. Never again.
Country flag
Hi Everyone,
Since my 2016 Civic is not reliable at all, Im currently shopping for a 5 years/100 000km extended warranty (Honda Plus Canada).

This is what I found on the website (in the FAQ):

---

Question: Is there anything I must do to keep the Honda Plus Plan in effect?
Answer : You must maintain your vehicle according to Honda's recommendations, as outlined in your Owner's Manual''.

---

What does that mean exactly?
Sponsored

Sman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 EX Hatch w/ Sensing
If you get the warranty and never change the oil in the car.......they can void it

Just make sure that you follow the maintenance schedule for your car

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX (Crystal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi Everyone,
Since my 2016 Civic is not reliable at all, Im currently shopping for a 5 years/100 000km extended warranty (Honda Plus Canada).

This is what I found on the website (in the FAQ):

---

Question: Is there anything I must do to keep the Honda Plus Plan in effect?
Answer : You must maintain your vehicle according to Honda's recommendations, as outlined in your Owner's Manual''.

---

What does that mean exactly?
It means that you have to take care of your car if you want the warranty to take care of you. The warranty doesn't cover maintenance neglect.

OP
OP
Oliseles

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer the owner of a crappy 2016 Honda Civic EXT. First and last Honda for me. Never again.
Country flag
Yeah ok
But I wonder if it means more than just ''regular'' maintenance...
Ive read somewhere that for some car makers it means you have to make a bunch of ''preventive'' maintenance besides the regular ones and then you end up paying a lot more just for all the extra maintenance required to keep your extended warranty valid

OP
OP
Oliseles

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Another question
The guy at my dealer said the extended warranty is more expensive for an EX-T than a LX...is that true? Anyone heard that?
The extended warranty brochure has 1 price for the Civic...

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX (Crystal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah ok
But I wonder if it means more than just ''regular'' maintenance...
Ive read somewhere that for some car makers it means you have to make a bunch of ''preventive'' maintenance besides the regular ones and then you end up paying a lot more just for all the extra maintenance required to keep your extended warranty valid
There shouldn't be any "extras" involved in vehicle maintenance, should just be keeping up on your fluids, filters, and belts. I'm not going to act like I'm an expert in this subject so if somebody has more information please chime in.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
There shouldn't be any "extras" involved in vehicle maintenance, should just be keeping up on your fluids, filters, and belts. I'm not going to act like I'm an expert in this subject so if somebody has more information please chime in.
Regular maintenance as in scheduled maintenance... IS preventative maintenance........

OP
OP
Oliseles

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Regular maintenance as in scheduled maintenance... IS preventative maintenance........
I just read the owners manuel maintenance schedule
Nobody does all of that!!!
So if you have to do all of that just to keep your extended warranty valid it will cost you even more and its definitely not worth it....
It even says you have to use Honda genuine oil when you do an oil change!
That means that once you actually need the extended warranty there is so many things Honda can come up with to refuse to pay
Plus you have to do all maintenances at a Honda dealer if you don't want to have any trouble later on. No independent mechanic. That means even more $$$....again just to keep you extended warranty valid.

Last edited:

mklfk8

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R fk8
I have the same question as you here,

I know that proper regular maintenance is a must in order for the honda plus plan to work, BUT the tricky question is, do you Have to do the regular maintenance at Honda dealerships or you can do it elsewhere at another mechanic garage?

Thanks

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Keep recipes for all DIY oil changes, , They can't refuse warranty for DIY oil changes, they publish the instructions on how to change the oil in the owners manual. But if you have a caliper seize up at 90 thousand km and the manual says to change it at 80 thousand they can refuse warranty.

Last edited:

IDriveACivic

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Best to ask Honda about the fine prints. EX-T is more expensive than LX because of turbo, or at least that's how Honda segregates the trims for warranty purposes.

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2018 Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is there anybody who tell me about car service shop in kitchner?
No experience with the Kitchener dealership service, although the sales lady there was VERY pushy and demanding when I went in to check options and pricing when I was car shopping in July 2018.

We used to deal with the Waterloo dealer for service on our old Odyssey and Accord, but they were pretty useless and painful to deal with to get service work done in a timely fashion.

Our last two Hondas came from Dubois in Woodstock. A pleasure to buy from, and getting service has been great, even with COVID-19.
Sponsored