Honda Parts Bulletin on the CTR Tire Replacement

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Yes.

I think that the Honda 18" rims for the Type R are pretty ugly though.
Can you provide a link to these Honda 18" wheels for the Type R? They don't appear as an accessory on the Type R's "build" website or the Honda e-Store or any of the online Honda dealer's I've checked.

MrZivic

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 Grom, 2001 Reflex, 2001 Civic LX, 1994 Civic DX HB and 1992 Civic HB x2
Country flag
"Manufacturer's" = Honda? I was not aware Honda recommended the installation of 18" wheels on the Type R.
There is a part listing in the Honda catalog for a 18" wheel for the Type R, but the part number is no longer active and is discontinued.

DISK, ALUMINUM WHEEL (18X8J) (ENKEI) - HONDA (42700-TV8-E81)

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Yup, the Enkei Horus. They were available in Canada when I bought my Type R in July - I was thinking of getting them when I bought the car to get the rims included in the car's warranty.

Another available all-season in 245/30ZR20 (in Canada but maybe not in the USA): Michelin Premier (not sure that I would put these on a Type R - they're "Michelin's ultimate safety tire for comfort-oriented touring vehicles").

Last edited:

AJCTR

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Installed 245/35R20 Bridgestone Potenza S-04 without issues. Better wet and cooler weather tire. Used a hunter tire changer without any wheel damage. Just have to watch what your doing and know your equipment.
Thanks for that info. I just got a nail In my front left tire yesterday and took it to Discount Tires. Not only did they repair the tire but had no problems taking off & putting on the tire. They also have some options (when the time comes) to put on better 30,000 mile tires instead of the stock 10k Continental’s. My question is, all 4 tires look good now but the low tire pressure light is still on and won’t go off. I’ve driven 7-10 miles on it already. Any suggestions on what to do?

Fk8 4343

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Type R, 17' CR-V Touring
the low tire pressure light is still on and won’t go off. I’ve driven 7-10 miles on it already. Any suggestions on what to do?
Recalibrate the TPMS. On the infotainment home screen, go to settings --> vehicle --> TPMS calibration.
Do this every time the air pressure is changed or the tires rotated/installed.

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
FYI, if you have a Discount Tire near you they can safely remove the tire from the OEM wheels. I snagged a nail in one of my tires, took it in about an hour ago and they have a machine specifically used for performance wheels and low profile tires with plastic tooling. They pulled the nail, repaired the tire, and did a rotation all for free.

The dealership I bought mine from purchased one of the recommended tired machines, but they are also well across town and it's a pain in the ass to get to so it's nice to know that a tire shop like Discount Tire can safely work on our wheels.

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
I've had my stock tires replaced by the local Firestone dealer with no issues and then Honda took out a nail and did a patch when I went in for my first service. I think all these dumb lifted trucks on big dumb wheels are making it easier for places to mount bigger rims.

and yes, I absolutely hate trucks that have no other purpose other than to be a total d*bag on the roads. it's Florida, they know no bounds.

Nemesis724

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R Touring, 2013 Infiniti G37 Sedan Sport 6MT, 2007 Honda Civic Si 6MT, 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X (Sold), 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII (RIP)
Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried using 255/30ZR20 tire? This tire will fit 20x8.5 wheel. Will raise the sidewall just a tiny bit. I still have the stock 245/30ZR20 I looked underneath and it looks like there is plenty of space between the inner sidewall of the tire and the strut for a 255 width tire upgrade.

fmoua916

Nothingbettah2do
First Name
Fong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r agean blue
Country flag
Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried using 255/30ZR20 tire? This tire will fit 20x8.5 wheel. Will raise the sidewall just a tiny bit. I still have the stock 245/30ZR20 I looked underneath and it looks like there is plenty of space between the inner sidewall of the tire and the strut for a 255 width tire upgrade.
It should fit easily.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
The real story here is that Honda is charging $1079 per wheel for a set of painted black aluminum wheels o_O Are they even forged? Is Honda using some kind of adamantium-vibranium-unobtanium alloy?

Anthony FK8

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 hatch, 12 civic base, 14 Si, 17 CTR
Country flag
I have great news. Take it to any Acura dealership. They have the machine. It was required for the NSX. 20inch low profile tire. So. Go there instead of Honda. A Porsche dealer has it. Audi. Dealer. Those are the 3 I know of
Sponsored