Honda paint warranty ?

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
I have a 16 Touring and just noticed this around my back window. Wtf?
I took it up to my Honda dealer and service manager said he sees this all the time. He said Honda will cover it though. He took a bunch of photos and said he will start the process of claim with Honda.

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda paint warranty ? A839BE06-A6C9-4098-9C3B-EAED2972C02B

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda paint warranty ? 6A0C133E-452E-472D-9D7E-C4DC2F45CBBB

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Over 20 years and over 9 Honda/Acura. This has happened once. It was a TSB recall covered in full and they repainted almost entire car and they did more tests which revealed other areas of issues.
Having said that, this is not common and you basically have a $20k economy car. You can’t expect custom Porsche quality optional $15k paint job. And they covered it. They didn’t give you shit. You have nothing to really complain about.

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I got some nicks about decent size on front grill from rock kickups. Will the warranty cover that? I think they said had like 5-7 year protection plan. I also fd the paint under gas lid due to gas spillage and not cleaning it up afterwards. Looks like it ate the clear coat in small patch area.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Super common on these cars, and there’s like a dozen threads on this already. Glad Honda is covering it though hopefully! Others have not had that good of luck, and some others have.

OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
Over 20 years and over 9 Honda/Acura. This has happened once. It was a TSB recall covered in full and they repainted almost entire car and they did more tests which revealed other areas of issues.
Having said that, this is not common and you basically have a $20k economy car. You can’t expect custom Porsche quality optional $15k paint job. And they covered it. They didn’t give you shit. You have nothing to really complain about.
A 6 year old car? Honda better stand behind this. Service manager said it’s not the paint it’s the primer they used that is the issue.

OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
Super common on these cars, and there’s like a dozen threads on this already. Glad Honda is covering it though hopefully! Others have not had that good of luck, and some others have.
I’m not seeing these threads? I just did a search on paint issues and only saw maybe 2. Honda is taking care of the issue though

OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
Honda is taking care of the issue

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
Honda authorized the paint, but bodyshop cant get it in until end of October at the earliest..lol

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Be glad you don't have an 8th gen Si. The black and blue paint on those would crack all over and mine was almost fully repainted by Honda by the time I got rid of it. They said it was some solvent they used in the paint that caused it to contract in high heat situations. I don't know if they ever fixed it.

enilder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Were you able to get the car back? Did they do a sectional repaint?

enilder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
I was going to DM you but I think I am too new (or too low posts). Anyways, I have 2016 Civic as well, and I am going through exactly the same thing. The dealer checked the VIN and told me to contact Honda directly. I submitted and opened a case online at honda.com so I intend to call when the office opens.

Did the dealer handle all the legwork for you or did you have to work with Honda directly? I wish my dealership was more helpful but it's a dead end for me.

OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
I was going to DM you but I think I am too new (or too low posts). Anyways, I have 2016 Civic as well, and I am going through exactly the same thing. The dealer checked the VIN and told me to contact Honda directly. I submitted and opened a case online at honda.com so I intend to call when the office opens.

Did the dealer handle all the legwork for you or did you have to work with Honda directly? I wish my dealership was more helpful but it's a dead end for me.
I didnt have to do anything myself, i took it to my dealer and they took a bunch of photos. About 2 weeks later they told me it was approved to be painted. Took almost 2 months for bodyshop to get it in.
Sponsored