honda of america declined warranty work

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Wait...$100 for an oil change?? My dealer charges $60 and I think thats high lol. Also, even though the dealer is full of shit and in reality you should have the warranty work done, they're within their rights to deny the work because of the mods. Find another dealer and try again, that's your best bet.

but they did charger me $100 for oil change and 6000 miles service

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
but they did charger me $100 for oil change and 6000 miles service
Was that 6000 mile service an "A" (3,750 - 5,000 Miles) or a "B" service.(7,500 - 10,000 Miles)

If it was a "B" you got a great deal. :)
If it was an "A" you got ripped off :(

I suspect it was a late "A" :(

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
WARNING: This is a Joke .. please bear that in mind before responding !!! :doh:

Just MAKE SURE, if you go to another Dealer, your keep the trunk LOCKED.

You may not want them snooping there, and having it influence their decision to deny warranty !!

cnzyrfq3gfi7yzyg0gsw.jpg
:pickme: I thought it was funny. You can laugh... or cry through life when problems arise. Between the two... one will have a happier life.

I'm sorry but...
my 2016 lx sedan has few aftermarket parts installed on it and has just 7000 miles on it :
...and your...
36 month lease is ending September 2019 and I'm planning to keep my car
...and you just had your...
6000 miles service
...done?

Does that mean for the first time in about 2.5 years you got your car serviced? A little off topic, but was part of the issue you had with was only getting one... maybe (hopefully?) 2 oil changes on a leased car after 2.5 years.

You tinted a car and changed it's headunit out... and want things done. I get that... and I can see that going both ways, with them claiming the issues we're caused by your modifications and you wanting things corrected that you say we're existing since you had the car. But I'm painting the picture of a 2.5 year old lease rolling up finally for service, possibly the first, with some reversible mods but mods nontheless at an admittedly low 7000 miles on that time and I just don't know if that is ever going to play out well.

Regardless... good luck. You can try a different dealer. I don't think this one wants to play ball with you and I don't think you can force their hand to do much based on your mods. Maybe the windshield washer squirters...? :dunno:

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I must be missing something, I didn't see where the op said anything about replacing the head unit, just the speakers, and added some sound deadening.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
One has to wonder when the Dealer claims "Honda of America" has rejected the Warranty claim if :-

(1) They even submitted it to Honda Of America, if if they are just trying to blow you off

(2) How they submitted it .. I suspect a lot of the success in getting "Honda Of American" to honor a warranty claim, is how the case is presented to them.

If the Dealer is the one presenting the case, and you have NO IDEA of what that presentation was, then you are completely "in the dark" -- where the Dealer want you to be.

It's a MASSIVE CONFLICT OF INTEREST

* Dealer makes a fixed, limited amount on a Warranty repair​
or
* Dealer can literally charge whatever they like for a non-warranty repair.​

So which way do you think they will want to go with, especially if they are less than Honorable, and the ones presenting the "Facts - or pack of lies" to Honda of America.

Its almost like doctors and Insurance companies .. they Bill $1000 to the Insurance company, but have to accept the $100 that the Insurance company is willing to pay them.
If they Bill you direct with no insurance, they will bill the $1000, and laugh all the way to the bank.

With a Warranty, it seems very Hot & Miss, and is mostly decided by what the Dealers want to do, and how they choose to present the Warranty case to "Honda of America"

Typically not in YOUR best interest, but in theirs !!!

Last edited:

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Where are these rubber strips? Are you talking about the two that run the length of the roof from front to rear? If so, how would that have been touched when tint was installed on the inside of the windows?

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Where are these rubber strips? Are you talking about the two that run the length of the roof from front to rear? If so, how would that have been touched when tint was installed on the inside of the windows?
EXACTLY !!! More Dealer BS and distortion of facts to get out of Warranty work.

JW0914

Banned
Banned
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Orion Nebula
Country flag
I know about magnusson-moss act but in my case they are not voiding my warranty but telling me to put my car back to stock....
I cover the below in depth in this post.
  1. File a complaint with Honda directly
  2. Take your car to a dealership that doesn't have their heads up their asses

April 11, 2018:
FTC Staff Warns Companies that It Is Illegal to Condition Warranty Coverage on the Use of Specified Parts or Services
  • FTC warns companies they’ll face legal action should they continue to illegally state or imply to consumers:
    • The use of [company name] parts is required to keep your . . . manufacturer’s warranties and any extended warranties intact.
    • This warranty shall not apply if this product . . . is used with products not sold or licensed by [company name].
    • This warranty does not apply if this product . . . has had the warranty seal on the [product] altered, defaced, or removed.

May 2015: FTC: Will using 'aftermarket' or recycled parts void my warranty?
  • "The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act makes it illegal for companies to void your warranty or deny coverage under the warranty simply because you used an aftermarket or recycled part."
Sponsored