tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I have a 2019 and i've downloaded both the LogR app and the Hondacarservice app and it still doesn't seem to be even coming up on my Android Auto. I know it's not supposed to work but it seems a few people have gotten it to read IATs and a few other things.
I know most people who have a 2019 with it working have it working with the US version of the iOS app. I do know that the Android app still needs you to give permissions to the HondaCarService app in settings somewhere for the LogR to even function and show data (this is for 2020 models) so it's worth looking into that too.
Sponsored

CTR_FTW

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #30909
Country flag
I know most people who have a 2019 with it working have it working with the US version of the iOS app. I do know that the Android app still needs you to give permissions to the HondaCarService app in settings somewhere for the LogR to even function and show data (this is for 2020 models) so it's worth looking into that too.
i've already given it permission, there is a little icon that pops up when you connect the phone that prompts you to make sure you have done it.

r_35800

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 CTR
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Is anyone noticing that while driving for extended times, the data becomes null in the sense that the numbers show up as "-". Once I reconnect, it works again.

Just unfortunate b/c I would like a full log, whereas if this happens, its a broken up data log.

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ctr
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i've already given it permission, there is a little icon that pops up when you connect the phone that prompts you to make sure you have done it.
There’s more than one permission there’s one for transferring information from the car through the android auto app something about sharing info

CTR_FTW

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #30909
Country flag
There’s more than one permission there’s one for transferring information from the car through the android auto app something about sharing info
Yeah I've gone in to the permissions of the logR app and given it the storage and the location permissions and then the permission on the hondacarservice app too.

Grommet45

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
For Android app requires the Honda CarService app is installed and has permissions.
Problem with screen size. App is sized for the full Honda screen size. Does not allow for the Android control panel at the bottom of the Android screen. App will need to be resized to fit the Android screen size. It is not possible to remove the Android control panel at the bottom of the screen.
IMG_20200919_132225.jpg
Can the app be installed directly to the car?