Honda LogR

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
good im glad the pre CTR's can find use in it. IMO it should be available to all the Type R's
Sponsored

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
I downloaded the app and am I disappointed but I know updates will make it better. I like the torque app right now. I might jailbreak my head unit so I can install the app.

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I was going to report on whether LogR gave any data on my 2018, but after installing it on my iPhone, it doesn't even show up in CarPlay. For example, if look at the CarPlay settings where you can show or hide apps with a CarPlay UI, LogR doesn't show up at all. This is on iOS 14.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
welp, time to reverse engineer the APK and find out how it works. 2017-2019 oil temp sensor anyone? :cool:
Is mostly hardware missing, 17-19 does not have oil temp sensor, it has oil switch and oil pressure.

That why I'm making a kit with gauges who will be installed directly without interaction of any cam bus or software in your phone or head unit who make all the process slow and unreliable, I mean if the app crash that is very common in the tiny processor the head unit has

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Is mostly hardware missing, 17-19 does not have oil temp sensor, it has oil switch and oil pressure.

That why I'm making a kit with gauges who will be installed directly without interaction of any cam bus or software in your phone or head unit who make all the process slow and unreliable, I mean if the app crash that is very common in the tiny processor the head unit has
As far as anyone can tell, the 20+ doesn't have an oil temp sensor either and it just uses some math to calculate the temp. Cool to hear about a proper kit for it though.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
As far as anyone can tell, the 20+ doesn't have an oil temp sensor either and it just uses some math to calculate the temp. Cool to hear about a proper kit for it though.
I didn't know the 2020 does not have oil temp sensor.. I had just 2 R's for installations and I haven't payed attention .
If is doing calculations like others software I wouldn't trust in those temps.

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I didn't know the 2020 does not have oil temp sensor.. I had just 2 R's for installations and I haven't payed attention .
The math itself is sound, it's the same math air conditioning control units use. The problem is that the oil pressure sensor it's probably based on isn't a good indicator of pressure throughout the system.

But who knows, we could all be wrong. It just came out and we're still figuring it out. That's why I want to just run through the Android code and see what I can find tonight.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
The math itself is sound, it's the same math air conditioning control units use. The problem is that the oil pressure sensor it's probably based on isn't a good indicator of pressure throughout the system.

But who knows, we could all be wrong. It just came out and we're still figuring it out. That's why I want to just run through the Android code and see what I can find tonight.
The ac has a interior temp sensor.
Yeah , everything you can figure it out will be great ! :D

JohnEBlaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 CW Type R
Country flag
I was going to report on whether LogR gave any data on my 2018, but after installing it on my iPhone, it doesn't even show up in CarPlay. For example, if look at the CarPlay settings where you can show or hide apps with a CarPlay UI, LogR doesn't show up at all. This is on iOS 14.
Maybe it's an iOS 14 issue. I have the same problem on iOS 14.

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The ac has a interior temp sensor.
Yeah , everything you can figure it out will be great ! :D
I was meaning like home air conditioners, using the rail pressure to find the refrigerant temp. :D

I will get on it asap. Gotta be something of value in there.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Maybe it's an iOS 14 issue. I have the same problem on iOS 14.
Someone else on FB that was on 13.7 had the same issue. This bug may have existed prior to iOS 14, but never really found.

Edit: that said I know the bug exists in iOS 13.7, 14.0, and 14.2 (beta). Hopefully it gets fixed in the next beta... I forget if the user on FB had an 18, I believe his was a 19 though if memory serves.

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
I was meaning like home air conditioners, using the rail pressure to find the refrigerant temp. :D

I will get on it asap. Gotta be something of value in there.
The problem with that is that changing oil viscosity would change your oil temps.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Doing calculations the accuracy will be within +/- 3 degrees HVAC techs have been doing this calculations on liquids for decades.

By the way. The JB4 calculates Oil Temps on the Type R the same way.
Sponsored