Honda log R

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Huh? How did this cost $1k? You do realize there were many other changes to the 2020, right?
I was referring to current 2020 owners that are waiting for this app to arrive.
Sponsored

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
As a '19 owner I have always been curious to see how logR pull off the oil temp and oil pressure in '20s

If thre is no extra sensors, maybe someday hondata/ktuner can replicate the function?
Oil pressure is read via CAN bus so it's always been there. As for oil temperature, it's rumored that it would be derived from oil temperature oil pressure, so potentially not super accurate.

Last edited:

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Oil pressure is read via CAN bus so it's always been there. As for oil temperature, it's rumored that it would be derived from oil temperature, so potentially not super accurate.
You mean from oil pressure? That would also mean running a different oil weight would make the data useless.

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
You mean from oil pressure? That would also mean running a different oil weight would make the data useless.
Lol yeah, my bad. Edited. And yeah, I've thought the same thing. It's all speculation at this point though. Also, the two are closely related. If you can rely on oil pressure, you should have a decent idea of where your oil temperature is at.

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
Lol yeah, my bad. Edited. And yeah, I've thought the same thing. It's all speculation at this point though. Also, the two are closely related. If you can rely on oil pressure, you should have a decent idea of where your oil temperature is at.
Agree with ayau. Running a higher viscosity oil would lead to the computer thinking the oil is cooler. I think coolant temp is what leads to limp mode, not oil temperature as there is no oil temp sensor and oil temp is actually only implied .

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
I was referring to current 2020 owners that are waiting for this app to arrive.
Yeah. I fall into that category. I still don’t understand how this cost you $1000?

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Yeah. I fall into that category. I still don’t understand how this cost you $1000?
$1,000 was an arbitrary number. The point I was trying to make was that this app provides little to no value to me. I'd rather be without it and be compensated be by Honda since this was one of the 2020's selling points.

the4ner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Civic Type R, '01 NSX-T, '20 RDX Advance
Country flag
$1,000 was an arbitrary number. The point I was trying to make was that this app provides little to no value to me. I'd rather be without it and be compensated be by Honda since this was one of the 2020's selling points.
but if it didn't provide any value to you, then it couldn't have been a factor in your purchase, right?

you must have been happy paying the price you did for the other features?

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
but if it didn't provide any value to you, then it couldn't have been a factor in your purchase, right?

you must have been happy paying the price you did for the other features?
Correct. 0 factor in purchasing decision.

How many people would be truly disappointed that they bought their 2020 expecting LogR but never comes out?

Doesn't matter to me whether or not this app comes out. It would be disappointing that Honda advertises something but never delivers though. That's more of an ethical question.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Correct. 0 factor in purchasing decision.

How many people would be truly disappointed that they bought their 2020 expecting LogR but never comes out?

Doesn't matter to me whether or not this app comes out. It would be disappointing that Honda advertises something but never delivers though. That's more of an ethical question.
If they actually never release it, there would be grounds for a class action lawsuit. Wait 6 months and get a check for $10 and a free oil change.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Jeez. Seems like the 17-19s were a better option for track day enthusiasts. No Honda sensing BS to deal with and better pricing compared to the 2020. I guess the suspension changes are nice but most guys upgrade to JRZs lol.

Speculation has been that OilT was going to be calculated through Oil Pressure but like others have said, might not be that accurate. Probably a useless feature for the serious enthusiast where accurate temperatures matter. Such a shame that they couldn’t spend the extra 100 or so dollars to incorporate a factory sensor....

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Let's see, LogR was going to be Released in July right? And it's August now.. That's not a delay, that's normal. The only time software gets released 'on schedule' is when the s/w is already in final validation testing when the release date gets announced.

Give them 6 months, then worry about it.

I'm anxious for LogR too, but it's nothing more than a cool toy/app and if/when it comes, then we can have fun with it.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Jeez. Seems like the 17-19s were a better option for track day enthusiasts. No Honda sensing BS to deal with and better pricing compared to the 2020. I guess the suspension changes are nice but most guys upgrade to JRZs lol.

Speculation has been that OilT was going to be calculated through Oil Pressure but like others have said, might not be that accurate. Probably a useless feature for the serious enthusiast where accurate temperatures matter. Such a shame that they couldn’t spend the extra 100 or so dollars to incorporate a factory sensor....
So the 2020 is useless for serious enthusiasts. You read it here first people. Lol.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If that’s how you perceive it sure
I guess it makes sense if you ignore the changes to the grill, radiator, and braking.
Sponsored