Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
Great call out! I don’t know why anyone would want to use anything other than 0W though.
It isn't the cold issue but more the warm one that is going to cause limp mode.. With increased temps, oil viscosity generally becomes lower meaning it flows better and I would assume drops oil pressure. OTOH, any reasonable oil pump can maintain good pressure no matter what the viscosity or temp and it is only when the oil is really hot and when engine speed is really low like at idle, that pressures should really drop. I am blown away that for its top performance car that an oil temp sensor AND gauge is not available. When oil pressure is low, you are in serious trouble, but when temps are high you can hopefully prevent serious trouble before it is too late. Even my 16 year old Covette has an oil temp gauge.
Sponsored

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It isn't the cold issue but more the warm one that is going to cause limp mode.. With increased temps, oil viscosity generally becomes lower meaning it flows better and I would assume drops oil pressure. OTOH, any reasonable oil pump can maintain good pressure no matter what the viscosity or temp and it is only when the oil is really hot and when engine speed is really low like at idle, that pressures should really drop. I am blown away that for its top performance car that an oil temp sensor AND gauge is not available. When oil pressure is low, you are in serious trouble, but when temps are high you can hopefully prevent serious trouble before it is too late. Even my 16 year old Covette has an oil temp gauge.

That's the thing though.... 0w20 is the same weight as 0w40....... However 0w40 is supposed to provide the same protection as a 40 weight oil.

If anyone goes above 0w it's a peace of mind thing I wager.

deep-typer

First Name
Deep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Following. Looking forward to the app being launched. Any idea if we have to drive into the dealership to get the APK installed or can it done through our phones?

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Ya. Since the Log R app is something new for the 2020 for the head unit, I didn't want to do the Honda Hack and screw everything up. Even though I tried to get the browser, this head unit is so damn sloooow.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Ya. Since the Log R app is something new for the 2020 for the head unit, I didn't want to do the Honda Hack and screw everything up. Even though I tried to get the browser, this head unit is so damn sloooow.
built to be a radio not for streaming

Last edited:

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
built to be a radio not for streaming
Not for streaming but when changing to other screen. Also how will this affect the response with the Log R?

FK8Guy

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8
Country flag
this has been covered before. Im sure more people with more information will chime in, but because of ecu/ as well as some other sensors that cannot be read on pre-20, will make it so that Log R will not be available to pre-2020 owners
lol people with 2017 to 2019 think they can just make a 2020 CTR
even the ecu reads the road dampening 10x better

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
We have August now, and nothing was released :) it seems to me they are waiting till 2021 is out :)
They are going to wait until autocross season is over so that I have no use for it until Spring.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
I'll take $1k over some gimmicky app. At what point can we count this as false advertisement and start complaining to Honda?

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
I'll take $1k over some gimmicky app. At what point can we count this as false advertisement and start complaining to Honda?
Huh? How did this cost $1k? You do realize there were many other changes to the 2020, right?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
As a '19 owner I have always been curious to see how logR pull off the oil temp and oil pressure in '20s

If thre is no extra sensors, maybe someday hondata/ktuner can replicate the function?
Sponsored