Honda Issues Updates today, VSA is one of them for brake error issue

CivicEXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic
Any Honda dealership, I went to the one closest to my home....my purchase dealership is 50 miles away. No problems.
I got mines yesterday. Did you run into any problems after? I already have an new infotainment noise problem going on after the update.
Sponsored

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag
I got mines yesterday. Did you run into any problems after? I already have an new infotainment noise problem going on after the update.
No, everything has been okay and it's almost been a week.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sitting in the service waiting area awaiting the software update. Was told over the phone 1 to 1.5 hours. Arrived and was told closer to 2 hrs. Again, 2 hrs for a software update?!?! Really? Are they downloading from dialup?

AndrewOfTheForest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic ex-t, S2000
Country flag
Has anyone else noticed if there is an improvement to the backup camera lines that are displayed on the screen?

JediSkipdogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Sitting in the service waiting area awaiting the software update. Was told over the phone 1 to 1.5 hours. Arrived and was told closer to 2 hrs. Again, 2 hrs for a software update?!?! Really? Are they downloading from dialup?
No, but it does require them to do some other items to the vehicle as well. So if the tech goes to say work on another car while yours is doing each step it may take longer. I think the Honda time frame that they pay the dealership for is only 30 minutes, so it should be quick if they stay dedicated to your vehicle only during that time, but most won't.

meccha91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX
I got mine fixed in a bit more than 2 hours. Thank god the service center is just 10 blocks away from me so I just went home after I dropped my car off. I noticed the bluetooth connectivity was acting funny after. It wouldn't connect automatically to my phone, disconnected and reconnected on its own. I deleted and reconfigured, hopefully that fixed it.

A side major issue was that I noticed was the tip of the front hood piece was chipped and it's sticking out a bit(see pic)... I thought this was just a software update. Although they did multi-point inspection for me, even though I didn't ask for it. Should I go back and talk to them about it? Or am I just over-reacting over something minor lol.
Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Issues Updates today, VSA is one of them for brake error issue IMG_20161022_180126

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got mine fixed in a bit more than 2 hours. Thank god the service center is just 10 blocks away from me so I just went home after I dropped my car off. I noticed the bluetooth connectivity was acting funny after. It wouldn't connect automatically to my phone, disconnected and reconnected on its own. I deleted and reconfigured, hopefully that fixed it.

A side major issue was that I noticed was the tip of the front hood piece was chipped and it's sticking out a bit(see pic)... I thought this was just a software update. Although they did multi-point inspection for me, even though I didn't ask for it. Should I go back and talk to them about it? Or am I just over-reacting over something minor lol.
IMG_20161022_180126.jpg
I'd be pissed, that part is easy to get snagged, definitely let them know. I'm worried about mine, dropped it off at 9 this morning, the SA called around 3pm asking to keep the car til Monday, the longer they keep it, the more chance of something going wrong. ive been keeping my car in pristine condition because it's nice and I've never owned something this nice before, they should respect that.